Kindle Fire for £114 delivered (1 Viewer)

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Kindle Fire has £15 reduction on Amazon currently meaning current price £114 delivered.

You do have to say that is good value.

SeeLink Removed

Steve

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I have the Kindle Fire HD and I love it, a really good piece of kit :thumb:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
I wouldn't bother Its nothing special. Just another android device vastly over rated.

I have had two the first one went back to Amazon because of battery faults. Second one is okay but nothing special and although the HD screen is good I don't feel the thing is as good as it could be..... I am disappointed in so much of what it cannot do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve304

Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 Years (12000 Miles)
can you read in sunlight with one of these i cant on my phone and assume these use a similar screen

I don't think this has the same characteristics as the original Kindles (now called paperwhite) which can be read in direct sunlight. This screen is probably more like any other tablet and after looking at the Amazon website, I can confirm that it doesn't mention being able to read in direct sunlight on the ad for the Kindle HD Fire.

Steve

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Just did a test on my Fire HD and I can see it fine to read in very bright sun (Yes very unusual for Wales I know.) :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
good value yes......if you can live with its limitations and quirks.

flash player isnt compatible and the amazon experimental version is very limited, so many video clips wont play.

if used a lot for internet browsing it soon slows down with no way to defrag or clean the drive other than a factory reset, meaning you lose all your downloaded games & apps and need to download again from CLOUD.

a real pain in the ass if you are mid game like i was......you start again from the beginning. :Angry:

Last edited:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Other tings to think about, The charger has to be paid for as an extra, the cover has to be added and a stylus is helpful so think about all the added costs.

As for outdoor reading its okay but the battery doesn't last long with the screen brightness turned up to full when outside. It's not so good IMO as a Kindle keyboard and if its just an e-reader your after get a basic one like Paperwhite or keyboard.

That factory reset thing is new to me but worth knowing about. I had to Start a game from scratch after getting my replacement, Most annoying, all that hard work:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back