Fiamma 4 metre Zip Gears broken - winding problems (1 Viewer)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

We arrived in Italy on holiday and instantly had issues with our fiamma zip awning :-(

It wound out ok, but when attempting to wind it in, it slipped and jumped, e.g. for every turn it wound in a foot but slipped back out 1/2 a foot, eventually we got it back in and strapped it up and never used it again for the journey home.

After a bit of searching on motorhome fun (lots of mentions of omnistar problems)

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/pdf/fiamma_zip_400-450.pdf

do i need this part, he bit that isnt numbered between part 11 and part 9?

Also, does the awning need to be removed to replace the part or can the end cover be removed and the part changed, leaving the awning attached to the motorhome?

here is our awning
IMG_0805-Copy_zpsfc0deaff.jpg

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you phone Darren or Matt on 01-580-883062 they should be able to supply any spares that you need to rectify problem

Peter

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
this is the gearbox that normally fails

oh and you dont normally have to remove the awning, just the endcap and gearbox.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
this is the gearbox that normally fails

oh and you dont normally have to remove the awning, just the endcap and gearbox.

Brilliant, thanks TheBig1, I really hoped the awning didnt need to be removed to change it, phew :Smile:

OP
OP
N

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
If you phone Darren or Matt on 01-580-883062 they should be able to supply any spares that you need to rectify problem

Peter

Peter

I contacted Matt, we had multiple phone calls, things to try , parts to identify, we exchanged photos of Fiamma parts and I uploaded a video via YouTube to diagnose the issue remotely. I have to say Matt was "excellent" and cant recommend him enough.

Matt said ...it was either the ratchet or gear box, matt diagnosed it as Gear Box after watching the video of the awning slipping during winding, the new part arrived, I fitted it in about 15 mins and now everything's perfect again, problem solved ::bigsmile::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Dont tell me Peter (Johns Cross) is now exporting Fiamma parts to Italy:ROFLMAO:
G

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back