Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
middle lane hoggers--about time too £100 fine great get them off the road.:winky:

Include HGV's that travel 6 or 7 miles in the middle lane trying to pass another HGV then finally pull back in because they can't get past:Doh:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the only effect a hundred pound fine is going to have to make the treasury better of it will have no effect on the woefull driving skills when i questioned my daughter in law as to why she stayed in the middle it was because she didnt like changing lanes and it meant other drivers could go either side if they wanted

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
hgv passing

Include HGV's that travel 6 or 7 miles in the middle lane trying to pass another HGV then finally pull back in because they can't get past:Doh:
gooney a truck passing another truck is not hogging the lane trucks are limited to 56 mph wat I think u should do gooney is to go out with a driver see how skilled we really are (theres drivers and theres screw drivers):Doh:

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
I don't hog the middle lane but if you are travelling at 70 mph then why not as nothing should be passing you?

For those numpties that DO hog the middle lane doing 70 mph, that is their stock defence! But it won't stop them getting a ticket, nor should it!

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
gooney a truck passing another truck is not hogging the lane trucks are limited to 56 mph wat I think u should do gooney is to go out with a driver see how skilled we really are (theres drivers and theres screw drivers):Doh:

Your right, a truck PASSING another truck is not hogging the middle lane, it's the knobs that try to pass another truck and get stuck outside it for many miles that are the menace , as an experienced trucker you KNOW you've sen this many times

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
knobs

Your right, a truck PASSING another truck is not hogging the middle lane, it's the knobs that try to pass another truck and get stuck outside it for many miles that are the menace , as an experienced trucker you KNOW you've sen this many times
us knobs as u call me is the one who puts foods on your table roof over your head clothes on your back.if u have to wait for a truck to pass another truck so be it how long extra does it put on your trip.......a few seconds and oh one more thing the car your in and your motorhome was brought by a truck or a knob as u say:Doh:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I don't hog the middle lane but if you are travelling at 70 mph then why not as nothing should be passing you?

Firstly, it isn't their job to enforce the law by breaking another one. Secondly, they are normally doing 65, as they haven't calibrated their speedos and most gauges over-read by about 5mph.

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
speedos

Firstly, it isn't their job to enforce the law by breaking another one. Secondly, they are normally doing 65, as they haven't calibrated their speedos and most gauges over-read by about 5mph.
cam are u on about trucks do 65

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The worst "overtake" I have seen was a British motorhome demonstrator in the south of France who took 13 miles to pass a lorry on a dual carriageway.:shout:

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
overtaking

The worst "overtake" I have seen was a British motorhome demonstrator in the south of France who took 13 miles to pass a lorry on a dual carriageway.:shout:
theres no such thing as a bad over take if every one is ok ppl are to much in a hurry if ppl had a bit more respect there would be no such things as hoggers:thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
us knobs as u call me is the one who puts foods on your table roof over your head clothes on your back.if u have to wait for a truck to pass another truck so be it how long extra does it put on your trip.......a few seconds and oh one more thing the car your in and your motorhome was brought by a truck or a knob as u say:Doh:

Im sure all truckers are not clones of each other, in actual fact its a joy to watch an experienced driver backing his artic into a seemingly impossible space, but i will repeat those individuals coming down an incline thinking they've got the speed to pass the truck in front then getting stuck outside for mile after mile, because as you said there both governed to 56mph, there the knobs, sorry if that's touched a nerve but if the cap fits Shuggy, you wear wear it!!

PS, just off to get my tea now as delivered by a skilled driver:winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
Speed limit 4 trucks

im sure all truckers are not clones of each other, in actual fact its a joy to watch an experienced driver backing his artic into a seemingly impossible space, but i will repeat those individuals coming down an incline thinking they've got the speed to pass the truck in front then getting stuck outside for mile after mile, because as you said there both governed to 56mph, there the knobs, sorry if that's touched a nerve but if the cap fits shuggy, you wear wear it!!

Ps, just off to get my tea now as delivered by a skilled driver:wink:
you remember that wen u eat your meal if uve got it a truck brought it dont choke on it ........

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Im sure all truckers are not clones of each other, in actual fact its a joy to watch an experienced driver backing his artic into a seemingly impossible space, but i will repeat those individuals coming down an incline thinking they've got the speed to pass the truck in front then getting stuck outside for mile after mile, because as you said there both governed to 56mph, there the knobs, sorry if that's touched a nerve but if the cap fits Shuggy, you wear wear it!!

PS, just off to get my tea now as [HI]delivered by a skilled drive[/HI]r:winky:

That your Mrs Then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
actually the real problem is our motorways are to crowded, abroad its easy to flit in and out of the inside lane here they are usually nose to tail lorries squeezing in between those can be a dangerous game especialy the continentals who tail gate each other to save fuel

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Gooney has a point.... the A 14 is a prime example of when truckers take several miles to not overtake another truck. Time is not the issue here (saving time or putting food on the table) but perhaps courtesy to other road users should be. When either in the car or in the M/H I will always let a trucker out to overtake another truck or Mr Trilby Hatt in his Honda Jazz but it is frustrating to then follow some of them for miles because the speed limiter is calibrated 0.01 MPH faster than the other and it takes that long for an overtake.

I ask the question: Why does the overtaken truck not lift off momentarily to allow the other one past and do everybody a favour? After all us motorists all have "time" to complete the journey and it only makes a few seconds difference, even for a trucker on a tight schedule, doesn't it?

Next question - I cringe when I see truckers tailgating each other down the motorway driving far too close to the truck in front. Are they going to be targeted by the police, i wonder? The Germans (who else?) have it right - they have a fixed scale of fines for the degree of tailgating.

The Dutch and the Germans have a solution, of course. Ban trucks from the outside lane of a two lane highway between certain times. It works. Sadly, the experiments I have seen in UK (A14 again) are largely ignored, by both British and foreign truckers as they know it won't be enforced

Last edited:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
one that gets me is when i see the cars coming in a line down the slip road so i pull out a lane to let them join easily. they then sit in the inside lane stopping you pull back over, can not speed up as restricted to 54 as the firm likes to be sure we are legal. mean time there is a queue behind you now who will not be pleased that you slow down to pull back in. still all in a days work. ivory55

Deleted User
Gooney has a point.... the A 14 is a prime example of when truckers take several miles to not overtake another truck. Time is not the issue here (saving time or putting food on the table) but perhaps courtesy to other road users should be. When either in the car or in the M/H I will always let a trucker out to overtake another truck or Mr Trilby Hatt in his Honda Jazz but it is frustrating to then follow some of them for miles because the speed limiter is calibrated 0.01 MPH faster than the other and it takes that long for an overtake.

I ask the question: Why does the overtaken truck not lift off momentarily to allow the other one past and do everybody a favour? After all us motorists all have "time" to complete the journey and it only makes a few seconds difference, even for a trucker on a tight schedule, doesn't it?

Next question - I cringe when I see truckers tailgating each other down the motorway driving far too close to the truck in front. Are they going to be targeted by the police, i wonder? The Germans (who else?) have it right - they have a fixed scale of fines for the degree of tailgating.

The Dutch and the Germans have a solution, of course. Ban trucks from the outside lane of a two lane highway between certain times. It works. Sadly, the experiments I have seen in UK (A14 again) are largely ignored, by both British and foreign truckers as they know it won't be enforced

As a trucker with 40 years experience I totally agree with your comments, some truckers give us all a bad name.:thumb:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
theres no such thing as a bad over take if every one is ok ppl are to much in a hurry if ppl had a bit more respect there would be no such things as hoggers:thumb:
Just work it out. I was towing a trailer so as I was being held up, my maximum speed was less than 60 mph. If I had been doing 60 then a quick bit of maths will show that the 13 miles took 13 minutes but as I was doing less it probably took nearer 15 minutes. You may not consider it to be a bad overtake - I see it as at the very least inconsiderate to All other road users. He should be ashamed about his driving on two counts. One he had GB plates and two it was a motorhome.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
cam are u on about trucks do 65

Nah. Trucks do 56, or thereabouts.

The 65 is the self-righteous vigilantes thinking they're in the right, when they are just breaking the law hogging the centre lane whilst driving well under the speed limit.

Christian.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Shuggy, I think you're spot on there - it takes a lot of skill and some of the reversing I've seen is just brilliant. However, no-one has answered my question of why not lift off momentarily to allow the other truck safely and quicklys past? I've never seen anyone do this in all the years of driving. Best drivers on the road - yes. Perfect - perhaps not..........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back