Bargain buy at Aldi - induction hob (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I've just snapped up a bargain single induction hob plate at my local Aldi for £12.99 :thumb: It's 2000w. Would it be ok to use on EHU in the motorhome without tripping the circuits? Anything to save a thimbleful of gas :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
that just over 8 amps, have anything else on at the same time and you are pushing it, err actually the charger might well push it over the top, give it a try can but need a reset make sure it is turned full on though for a fair test.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We have a twin electric hot plate thingy, one plate rated at 1500W, and the other at 1000W.

We have only tripped EHU once, both plates were on, and so was the TV.

SWMBO then decided to switch the kettle (800W) on at the same time, so no surprise it tripped.:Doh:

So just with both the hot plates in use we have never had any issues with tripping....:thumb:

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Should be ok on most sites as long as you don't have any other high powered items on at the same time, mind you you will need suitable saucpans

OP
OP
catspyjamas
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Should be ok on most sites as long as you don't have any other high powered items on at the same time, mind you you will need suitable saucpans

I was so pleased at the bargain and deliberately overlooked the fact that only my stockpot will work on the hob. :Doh: At least it's a big pan :thumb:

I now need to find a bargain small saucepan :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back