Position of wing mirror B544 (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
The blind spot portion of the wing mirrors on our 544 were positioned at the top and I couldn't see how this was helping because at best it could only show the roof of a car in the blind spot. So, I have flipped the mirrors and now they are at the bottom.

When re assemblingI I notice that the mirrors can be mounted on their post in one of two positions... either close or not so close to the Van.

Further away would be good but it adds about 120mm in total to the width of the van.

Can anyone advise the correct mounting position for this van and these two position mirros please?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer have used more than one pattern of mirror on the B series dependent on age. A picture of yours may help get an answer. Mine for instance, do not have a blind-spot portion - I had to add extra mirrors.

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Hymer have used more than one pattern of mirror on the B series dependent on age. A picture of yours may help get an answer. Mine for instance, do not have a blind-spot portion - I had to add extra mirrors.

The blind spot mirror was also just added on(stuck on) our B544 but at the top.

I am away from home this week but will snap a picture at the weekend
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012

I am back home today amd have attached a picture showing how the mirror can be in two positions;
1. narrow (as it is) and
2. wider

I was hoping to be advised of the best position)

Thanks

Attachments

• two positions.jpg
    two positions.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 40

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Mine are set in the narrower position as shown in the attached images. I think to set them on the wider fitting would be asking for them to be knocked by passing vans and hedges - to say nothing of pedestrians being more likely to bang their heads on them if you are parked next to a pavement.
I have checked the position with photos of Hymer B class from the early 2000s on dealers' websites and they are set on the inside position too. However, I have seen some earlier vans with older style, but similar, mirrors set on the wider fitting. I guess you make your choice.
I have also attached a shot from a perpendicular perspective to give an idea of the angled off-set of the mounting arm. It is at a rearward angle to the van - about 45Âş from perpendicular to the side I think.

Attachments

• O_S Mirror 1.jpg
    O_S Mirror 1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
  • O_S Mirror 2.jpg
    O_S Mirror 2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 19

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.