Free Member
Nov 6, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
When we bought our van last year we had a Naturepure water purification system fitted - the basic model (recently discontinued) with a throughput of 1.9 litres per minute. Plumbed through the kitchen hot/cold tap to filter cold water only.
Water pressure in MH from pump is generally strong with a good flow in bathroom - separate hot and (unfiltered) cold - and in kitchen for hot water. However, when pumping through the purifier, the pump seems to strain and makes a rapid pulsing noise. We're getting the advertised throughput but worry that we might damage the pump. Any thoughts? Should we upgrade to a higher capacity model (Seagull IV?) which has larger pipes? Might put less strain on the pump?
Thought it might be the Naturepure filter getting clogged but have just replaced and no improvement seen.
Anyone have experience of this system and may be able to help?
ps I'm an incompetent DIY'er so would need a professional firm to install an upgrade!
Thanks, Peter

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Check pipes have no kink or even an piece of something in them (plastic or the like) or washer blocking some of hole. We have a fast pump and have no problems although the flow from AP is slow.

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I think they slow down and struggle as it gets near to the time of a filter change

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Since fitting a brand new Naturpure filter system (the discontinued model), I've noticed the same thing. But I figured it was the filter just slowing down the delivery, so I wound in the pulsing adjuster which seemed to help. I contacted Naturepure to enquire whether the replacement cartridges would still be available for the discontinued system, and this is their reply.....

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]We have far too many customers to discontinue selling the gasket & cartridges. So always [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]available.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Harald Charters[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]General Manager[/FONT]

OP
OP
Palmeat

Palmeat

Free Member
Nov 6, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Since fitting a brand new Naturpure filter system (the discontinued model), I've noticed the same thing. But I figured it was the filter just slowing down the delivery, so I [HI]wound in the pulsing adjuster[/HI] which seemed to help. I contacted Naturepure to enquire whether the replacement cartridges would still be available for the discontinued system, and this is their reply.....

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]We have far too many customers to discontinue selling the gasket & cartridges. So always [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]available.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Harald Charters[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]General Manager[/FONT]

Thanks - yes, lots of replacement cartridges available (and mine needed changing after 12 months - it was quite black where the filter had done its job!). Re above and sorry if I'm being stupid, but wot's a 'pulsing adjuster' and how do you wind it in??

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks - yes, lots of replacement cartridges available (and mine needed changing after 12 months - it was quite black where the filter had done its job!). Re above and sorry if I'm being stupid, but wot's a 'pulsing adjuster' and how do you wind it in??

I think this is reference to the pumps pressure switch adjuster.

it is a screw and is located on the rear of the pump, axially inline with the motor.

it DOES NOT adjust water flow rate or pressure, it merely sets the pressure at which the pump turns off.

if your pump takes more than a couple of seconds to turn off when a tap is closed you can adjust the switch point to compensate and turn off the pump sooner.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I think this is reference to the pumps pressure switch adjuster.

it is a screw and is located on the rear of the pump, axially inline with the motor.

it DOES NOT adjust water flow rate or pressure, it merely sets the pressure at which the pump turns off.

if your pump takes more than a couple of seconds to turn off when a tap is closed you can adjust the switch point to compensate and turn off the pump sooner.

Not the same thing. I referred to a separate white switch with a screw adjuster. Also leccy wires are attached. Might take a picture later.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not the same thing. I referred to a separate white switch with a screw adjuster. Also leccy wires are attached. Might take a picture later.

one of these perhaps ?

WU1207%20500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Palmeat

Palmeat

Free Member
Nov 6, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Don't think I have one of those in-line pump pressure thingies (or if I have, I don't know where it is).
Having opened cupboards, removed drawers, checked external lockers and lifted floor hatches I've found more of the pipework. No kinks as far as I can tell. Simplistically, the blue cold water hose tracks under the floor from the pump/heater watsit to emerge under the sink where it rises vertically. Looks like the installers have then cut this pipe and diverted the water feed to the filter where it passes through the inlet and outlet pipes to return to the blue pipe and upwards to the tap. Problem may be that the filter is mounted 6 inches or so below the blue pipe connections (hope you're still awake!).
Upshot is the water crosses the van; rises vertically half way up to the tap; then has to flow back down again to the filter and then up again to rejoin the main pipe. I'm exhausted just explaining so suspect the water/pump might be feeling the same?

Do you think this might be part of the problem? Many thanks for responses thus far.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Don't think I have one of those in-line pump pressure thingies (or if I have, I don't know where it is).
Having opened cupboards, removed drawers, checked external lockers and lifted floor hatches I've found more of the pipework. No kinks as far as I can tell. Simplistically, the blue cold water hose tracks under the floor from the pump/heater watsit to emerge under the sink where it rises vertically. Looks like the installers have then cut this pipe and diverted the water feed to the filter where it passes through the inlet and outlet pipes to return to the blue pipe and upwards to the tap. Problem may be that the filter is mounted 6 inches or so below the blue pipe connections (hope you're still awake!).
Upshot is the water crosses the van; rises vertically half way up to the tap; then has to flow back down again to the filter and then up again to rejoin the main pipe. I'm exhausted just explaining so suspect the water/pump might be feeling the same?

Do you think this might be part of the problem? Many thanks for responses thus far.

The Naturpure UK office is only just up the road from you in Crawley - might be worth giving them a call, if only to put your mind at rest. Harald Charters General Manager St Andrews House 26 Brighton Road Crawley West Sussex Tel 01293 40 06 44 sales@generalecologyeurope.com http://www.purewateronline.co.uk

durrant

Free Member
Aug 2, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
You could try one of these
Fiamma A20 Water Pump Universal Expansion Tank Caravan Motorhome
they cost less than £25. It solved my problem of the pump giving slow thumps due to the slow flow of water through the Nature Pure filter. I just put it between the pump and the water filter. In my MH gave me a better flow to all taps hot and cold and the pump runs at full speed until it's pressure switch turns it off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back