LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having had a good look at one of these mini campers over the last weekend and being amazed at the build quality of these ultra rare vehicles am thinking of replacing my trusty MK 3 Golf with one. I have only seen the one at the weekend and it was built on a T3 but am thinking that a T4 would be more reliable for every day transport. Have had a few T4s in the past and they have served me well. What a wonderful vehicle they are. Do any funsters own one.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well thats it, the deal is done. Am off to Hanover in the morning. Cant wait to pick this Dehler up. A VW T4 built by boatbuilders.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
well done you -any links?
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don't understand a word except price ::bigsmile: looks a nice van for the money and looking at the panels on top you should never be without power ::bigsmile:Will be a nice van for everyday transport and the odd night away :thumb:
Don't let Frankie see it though or she may have you fit a shower in and snatch it off you :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Don't understand a word except price ::bigsmile: looks a nice van for the money and looking at the panels on top you should never be without power ::bigsmile:Will be a nice van for everyday transport and the odd night away :thumb:
Don't let Frankie see it though or she may have you fit a shower in and snatch it off you :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Its already got a shower and cassette toilet. That bit on the rear lifts up electrically and gives you full hight. The shower tray folds out and so does the sink. This is it. http://www.dehlerforum.de/html/t4_profi2.html

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You will have to find another for Frankie :Smile: Would probably be ideal for her small enough for a everyday vehicle and ok for the odd few nights/weeks away ::bigsmile:
Terry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You will have to find another for Frankie :Smile: Would probably be ideal for her small enough for a everyday vehicle and ok for the odd few nights/weeks away ::bigsmile:
Terry

Give me a break Terry ::bigsmile:. There are only a handfull in the UK and they are all petrol. These things are like hens teeth to find in good nick. The problem is I know me and will get carried away making it mint. Momo alloys are already on order :Doh:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well what a few days that has been. We caught the Dover Calais ferry on Saturday night, drove the 750 miles to Hanover and did the deal on Monday morning. Loaded the van which am delighted with and was back on the ferry on Tuesday at 20-00 hrs. After a frantic job swapping headlights and rear fog light to RHD the van sailed through its MOT at lunchtime today and is now sitting in the paintshop awaiting machine polishing. A phonecall to the local DVLA office in Manchester and everything went from clockwork to a broken mainspring in seconds. It turns out that they have changed the way they do personal imports in April this year. I cannot go and do it at the local office as I have done in the past and now have to wait for a pack to arrive from Swansea. But first had to register with the VAT online office and fill in mountains of junk so that I could be told what I already knew, which was no duty payable. So now am awaiting my registration pack from good old Swansea :Doh::Eeek:.

The only fly in the ointment turns out to be Swansea.

Attachments

• Dehler Profi 001.jpg
    Dehler Profi 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well its now finally done and dusted and on the bay. I wanted to keep it but how many campers do you need :Doh:. I love driving this van its so well built. Anyone interested here ya go. Link Removed

redlass

Free Member
Jun 18, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
vw swb van conversion
Exp
total newbie - maiden voyage, portugal march 13
Hiya Snowbird

That looks a little cracker. I'm a newbie on the block and met some funsters at my first meet in Tabley last week - good bunch of people and can't remember everyone's names so apologies if you were one of them!::bigsmile:
Got my T4 Caravelle in January this year and love it to bits. For someone who's only ever driven small cars, its so much easier to drive than i thought - did a maiden voyage to Portugal in March and got through those tiny cobbled roads pretty well, even if i did get a sweat on!:roflmto: Strives to get uphill, its 1.9td so guess that's expected but on the spanish roads heading down, it went like a dream - same here up to Scotland and around Anglesea. Had a bit of work done bodywise but apart from that it just needs odds n sods doing to keep it in good nick - wish the same could be said for meself ::bigsmile:
Your only up the road from me - good to know there's a few cheshire ites around the forum!
redlass

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back