If you were selling would you???? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Looked at an Auto Sleeper Executive yesterday, it's narrower than our Carioca by about 70mm and shorter by about 600mm or so. We have a narrow road outside of our place, compounded by a narrow drive (in one place we have an inch either side, with a mirror taken in)

Two berth, just what we wanted, we thought:Doh: The deal was, a straight swop and a cash payment from them to make up the Difference in price.
We found, storage of gear to be a problem (when you compare the two brands) but the worst thing of all was, I doubt if the A/S had been cleaned outside, or, polished in the 15 months they owned it :Sad: All the paint work was oxidised, black streaks galore, the thing was, to us, an eyesore

If you were selling? wouldn't you make an effort?

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Yes. Mine was as clean as i could get before it was viewed last Saturday, not just because i was selling it I would always try to keep it clean.
The new owners picked it up today, so now we start our search for another.

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
make an effort

hi, yes you would think an effort would be made to present your van to as higher standard as possible to gain the best price, when we were looking for our first van,we saw some terrible examples. I would be ashamed to show anyone around my van in that state. when we sold our autosleeper,it was cleaned from top to bottom and front to back inside and out,buffed up the gel coat, in fact it looked better than the day we bought it. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Looked at an Auto Sleeper Executive yesterday, it's narrower than our Carioca by about 70mm and shorter by about 600mm or so. We have a narrow road outside of our place, compounded by a narrow drive (in one place we have an inch either side, with a mirror taken in)

Two berth, just what we wanted, we thought:Doh: The deal was, a straight swop and a cash payment from them to make up the Difference in price.
We found, storage of gear to be a problem (when you compare the two brands) but the worst thing of all was, I doubt if the A/S had been cleaned outside, or, polished in the 15 months they owned it :Sad: All the paint work was oxidised, black streaks galore, the thing was, to us, an eyesore

If you were selling? wouldn't you make an effort?

They polish up well and they are a good van generally
our last A/S was one we had it for 5 Yrs no problems at all.
Storage depends on the layout but we find it more than enough for two
streaks can be a problem but they come out eventually.
Automart do a complete valet for £300 (ish) using ferecla
but its up to you what you spend and how.

Insist on a proper clean & tidy first but yes if its a good general condition
could be very good.

Roger & Sheila.::bigsmile::Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Some people just don't see filth. We were surprised at some of the caravans and motorhomes we saw out and about last weekend. Green moss , black streaks etc. god knows what they were like inside. :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back