Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
poole
Funster No
MH
'86 Classical Designs
Exp
relative newbie
Doing a few miles now in my old 1986 Renault Master conversion and the 26 year old plastic around the dash starts to rub or vibrates at certain speeds and the squeaks and rattles are beginning to bug me. I've taken the whole dash off and reinstalled it but just squeaks at different speeds now so I'm thinking the only option must be to run something between all the butted-up plastic bits to quieten things down. I'm guessing though that basic electrical tape might be too thin but that door-frame insulating tape type stuff might be too thick?
Anyone got any suggestions (apart from buying a newer MH!) to use as a gap filler? Or maybe another way to stop the rattles?

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Well i dont like the stuff normaly
But the dealer used it on my habitation door ruber and it cured the problem.
I never put anymore on and had it for a year after he did that.

Mel

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Squeaks......aarghh! Not a mile goes by but we hear a squeak, usually down to me not packing certain items properly prior to departure:RollEyes:

We have a challenge before we set off "not" to have anything squeaking, we have reduced these down now, but sometimes I am guilty of not checking the pots/lids before we set off:Blush:

But in answer to your original question, have you tried some talc around the offending parts:RollEyes: Not being funny, but we had a squeaky seat, everytime Margaret sat on it, it would squeak.........:Doh: We solved this by using some talc between the edges of the wooden frame of the seat.....sorted:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
On our G Reg Pilote A class We had several "squeaks" on the Dash/ Body Union, we solved them by using Squares of Polystirene twixts the two

But! You know! those lovely old Vans deserve a bit of lee way, Built like a tank, solid wood, nothing produced nowadays comes anywhere near them:thumb:

Enjoy them:thumb: We're sorry we got rid of ours (occasionally!)

OP
OP
T

treeman

Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
poole
Funster No
MH
'86 Classical Designs
Exp
relative newbie
beer mats and folded fag packets between the panels. :roflmto:

I think this may be half my problem - over the years various things have been wedged between panels to stop certain squeaks, including beer mats, so I think I may have miss-shaped the panels over time. Thinking hopefully of a long term solution that might negate the folded-cardboard requirements.
Having said that it's about the only time I can get the Mrs's has to drive is when I'm "listening to try and track down the source of the squeak/rattle/vibration"!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
On our way back from shopping yesterday hubby was driving but pressing up around the padded areas above him, "there's a squeak, but not sure where it's coming from", he said. I looked up at noticed that he had already wedged a piece of cork tile into the space between a metal frame and the back of one of the passenger seats behind him:Doh:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back