Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, anyone know if we get a discount from Towtal in Stoke?
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
To answer my own question- no they don't, even though I've had several jobs/bits from them they wouldn't give any discount on my new A frame.
Cheers, Dave:cry::cry:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Free rust if the last one's are anything to go by ...!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, they do seem to rust up fast..
But cheap(ish) and functional I guess..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Free rust if the last one's are anything to go by ...!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, they do seem to rust up fast..
But cheap(ish) and functional I guess..

I agree - my towbar from Towtal rusted quite quickly and I had to get some metal paint to try to keep it looking presentable.:Angry:

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Didn't get a towbar, just the A frame,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Car a Tow a frame, galvanised so no rust :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

quarryjmiller

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2006
We had a Towtal bar finished in a sort of dark grey plastic paint material on our old Lunar Premier, the paint did craze but no issues with rust, compare the finish to a Witter bar that I have on the Renault Trafic that I have and the Towtal is far, far better, I am about to lose the approval plate on the Witter, the paint is coming off in sheets, here goes Hammerite and Sikoflex to stick the plate back on. Towtal now offer an anodised finish but that means two trips as the bar has to go out for the anodisation process.

Have a new van now, it needs a type approved bar, it was booked in to Towtal last week for fitting but the parts didn't arrive from Holland so couldn't get it done, off to South of France on Friday so it will have to wait until I get back.

I highly recommend Towtal by the way, the old bar was robust, well fitted and the service was first class, the Towtal cost for the type approved bar for the new van - a Hymer Van 562 on a Transit with Sawiko (AL-KO manufactured) chassis extensions is £525 less £25 because the Transit is already prewired with a 13 pin towing harness), AL-KO now offer fitting at their Southam base by the way, they quoted me £915.

I have no connection with Towtal and have to admit that the non arrival of the type approved bar has buggered me about but they were quick to let me know when they realised what had gone wrong, when discussing the type approved bar they demonstrated their knowledge of both the chassis extensions and the Transit wiring harness and I highly recommend them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back