Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Bought a Lebara SIM CARD from local shop for €10 which included €7.50 worth of calls. Quick phone call to English speaking operator arranged 250Mb of internet connection for €4·90 which lasts 30 days. Not a lot if you surf enormously but adequate for routine contacts. Very few formalities needed to obtain card, just produce ID at point of sale.

Well done Lebara, great company for the traveller.

Regards Bryan

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Bought a Lebara SIM CARD from local shop for €10 which included €7.50 worth of calls. Quick phone call to English speaking operator arranged 250Mb of internet connection for €4·90 which lasts 30 days. Not a lot if you surf enormously but adequate for routine contacts. Very few formalities needed to obtain card, just produce ID at point of sale.

Well done Lebara, great company for the traveller.

Regards Bryan

Hi Bryan....is this sim for the phone......... (or a data sim for the lappy)...and what was the name of the shop in France that you purchased the sim from....you say 7.50 worth of calls ..What is the price of calls...

Is this the company
Link Removed

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They are a great company, I had a Spanish sim from them that lasted 6 weeks and still had credit on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Bryan....is this sim for the phone......... (or a data sim for the lappy)...and what was the name of the shop in France that you purchased the sim from....you say 7.50 worth of calls ..What is the price of calls...

Is this the company
Link Removed

Hi Mel

Just a little independent shop in the local high street, the type you see in the UK inviting foreigners to call or send money home. Card is for Smart phone and, in my case, Samsung tablet and I am using it for both calls and internet, no reason to imagine it cannot be used in dongle.

After purchase you need to call the number in the booklet to speak with operator and buy either 100 or 250 Mb. The €4.90 is deducted from the credit included with card or from additional top up. If your French is up to it, have a look at Broken Link Removed

Hope this helped, if not....... ask me again

Regards, Bryan

PS Price of calls, don't know, don't care...... cheaper than roaming costs. B

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
What is the coverage like in France.?

Is it as good as SFR.?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Hi Mel

Just a little independent shop in the local high street, the type you see in the UK inviting foreigners to call or send money home. Card is for Smart phone and, in my case, Samsung tablet and I am using it for both calls and internet, no reason to imagine it cannot be used in dongle.

After purchase you need to call the number in the booklet to speak with operator and buy either 100 or 250 Mb. The €4.90 is deducted from the credit included with card or from additional top up. If your French is up to it, have a look at Broken Link Removed

Hope this helped, if not....... ask me again

Regards, Bryan

PS Price of calls, don't know, don't care...... cheaper than roaming costs. B

Thanks for the post, I'm looking for a data only sim so will look at the link you sent. I found this: http://www.lebara.co.uk/ if you are in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
What is the coverage like in France.?

Is it as good as SFR.?

Cannot compare with SFR as never used it. Lebara works fine for me had no problem in use. All depends on your requirement I guess.
Have used Lebara constantly at home in Spain and when visiting UK. Good company, good service and excellent on line help. We are now in Italy apparently they do not operate here :cry:

Regards Bryan (from Genoa)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back