LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Had a look inside a CC yesterday at a dealers and was surprised to see that the rear double bunk beds had no ladder to access the 2nd bed. There was one on the over cab bed (ladder and fixings) but nothing at the back:Confused:

I asked the dealer and they said it was "like this"

Is this common ?

Must admit that if a ladder was there then I could see that it would have got in the way of the bathroom door so just wondering if they had compromised because of that

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Ours would be impossible to use without the ladder, which does impede both the toilet door and access to/from the bottom bunk. I would just pull the ladder up after me as the bunk is so wide it can fit easily beside me, but Mrs Colpot usually takes it down when I am up there and stores it in the hab door footwell so if anyone decides to break in through the hab door they will have a facefull of ladder.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Our rear bunks have their own ladder. It does partially block the toilet door when in place, but our lad (10yrs) who use the top bunk, climbs in and out without it.

Are their any lugs or clips between the rear bunks showing where a ladder would normally clip into place.

Our previous vans which also had bunk beds also had it's own ladder for the bunks..

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Our rear bunks have their own ladder. It does partially block the toilet door when in place, but our lad (10yrs) who use the top bunk, climbs in and out without it.

Are their any lugs or clips between the rear bunks showing where a ladder would normally clip into place.

Our previous vans which also had bunk beds also had it's own ladder for the bunks..

:Smile:

That's the odd thing, there are no lugs any where to be seen. I even checked under the bed to see if the kist hasn't been fitted but nothing.

I'm wondering now if it has a slide out vertical ladder. We had one like that on a Fendt caravan once although I would of thought I would of noticed that.

Perhaps they forgot to deliver it but they have 2 new vans just the same

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Some vans I have seen with rear bunks have a couple of foot holes cut into the bunk frame

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
A bit strange,but would the overcab bed ladder be used for the bunks? Working on the basis that the 'little darlings' go to bed first and the adults use the over cab bed. The advantage of this is they can't get up early in the morning until Mum and Dad are awake and sorted.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
A bit strange,but would the overcab bed ladder be used for the bunks? Working on the basis that the 'little darlings' go to bed first and the adults use the over cab bed. The advantage of this is they can't get up early in the morning until Mum and Dad are awake and sorted.

That's a possibility but as the cab bunk has a ladder which needs lugs on the bunk side I would of thought that these would also be on the rear top bunk.

Waiting for an answer back from the dealer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back