The most boring thing I have done in the motorhome this week (1 Viewer)

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Sat with a cup of coffee watching a couple setting up a caravan plus awning.
Felt like a praying mantis watching every move. Then realised I'd just wasted 2 hours of drinking time and probably need to get a grip. Glad I have a motorhome though.

:Eeek:

Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They are a pain to set up aren't they:roflmto: Great when they are up for a long stay though, they double the size of most vans.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I would of checked the quality of their wine, if good, nipped over to offer a hand bleating about how thirsty I was and how I love red wine.....:winky:

If rubbish, sent Nikki over to give instructions on putting an awning up :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
I would of checked the quality of their wine, if good, nipped over to offer a hand bleating about how thirsty I was and how I love red wine.....:winky:

If rubbish, sent Nikki over to give instructions on putting an awning up :Smile:

Why didn't I think of that?, they were actually on the vino, which probably explained the last half hour

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
From experience, there's nothing better than putting up a caravan awning having had a few.
That moment when you sit there with a glass in your hand and say " what shall we do now then? " I know, " lets put the awning up"

Then you wake up in the morning, go to the shower block, and on the way back to your caravan you look and think " oh my god what will the neighbours think? How on earth did it stay up overnight? "

With the motorhome the neighbours are safe thanks to a winde out :ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Sat with a cup of coffee watching a couple setting up a caravan plus awning.
Felt like a praying mantis watching every move. Then realised I'd just wasted 2 hours of drinking time and probably need to get a grip. Glad I have a motorhome though.

:Eeek:

Steve

OMG you are now a fully fledged motorhomer. One of the joys of motorhoming is not having to do everything that the caravanners do, we just plug in and switch on the kettle.

I quite enjoy watching them shunt back and forth getting the caravan positioned just right and then the fun begins and sometimes the arguments over which bit goes where, but I must admit whilst hubby watches on with a cuppa in his hand, I always have the wine beside me.

Having said that we need to set up our awning just to check there was no damage to it as thats the one thing we havent done yet. So if you happen to see us, come and help hehehehe

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Love reading these posts but just think - having set up the outfit they can just jump in the car and go, no unplugging ehu or putting stuff away. No going to the bus stop in order to leave the motorhome in place or getting the bike out especially if it's raining. They can park in town/ village, park at the pub , go to the supermarket without parking miles from the store, they probably have more room and hey only pay one set of insurance and road tax ( no toad). Lots of for and againsts - we do both cos they both have advantages and disadvantages .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Love reading these posts but just think - having set up the outfit they can just jump in the car and go, no unplugging ehu or putting stuff away. No going to the bus stop in order to leave the motorhome in place or getting the bike out especially if it's raining. They can park in town/ village, park at the pub , go to the supermarket without parking miles from the store, they probably have more room and hey only pay one set of insurance and road tax ( no toad). Lots of for and againsts - we do both cos they both have advantages and disadvantages .

yes indeed.. some have seen the light and made the change... :winky: :Cool:

I love watching front wheel drive campers trying to move off wet grass... they end up making it look like a WW1 battle field :Doh:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
yes indeed.. some have seen the light and made the change... :winky: :Cool:

[HI]I love watching front wheel drive campers trying to move off wet grass... they end up making it look like a WW1 battle field :Doh:[/HI]

Yep. I did that on a site in Norfolk earlier in the year. I had to get the wellies on and do some serious pitch repair.
Its fair to say that once my efforts were complete it looked like a WW1 battlefield:Blush:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I had tuggers viewing me on Sunday as i performed a text book departure--

Remove EHU
Check all doors/step closed
Ha, 5 mins flat ,dream on tuggers--:Cool:

Driving away under trees , i heard a noise --- forgot to take down my on a pole arieal fixed on the rear ladder :Doh:
Stopped again-- i could feel the tuggers laughter all around:cry:

That areial was back in it`s cover in 10 seconds flat.

barearse

Free Member
Dec 31, 2012
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Just starting
Mud,sweat and gears!

Chris,our first trip in a rented m/h several years ago was Pitlochry and thereabouts.We were pulled off pitch with BIG tractor.Then @ Applecross by TWO Landrovers.Our Merc she is rwd!:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back