MAP DEAL - WATERSTONES 3 For 2 (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
As an ex mil guy, I loves me maps I do!

Anyway, popped into Waterstones to pick up a couple of 1:50,000 OS maps for a forthcoming trips to the lakes. Whilst there I noticed OS Tour Maps....Brilliant, not seen them before.

They cover entire regional areas on one map, so one map covers the Lakes, or the Peak District, or Devon & Somerset etc. They are ideal for a life on the move and give you a 3D view of high ground and the watercourses. Plus it includes all info about interesting locations you might like to visit. You wouldn't want to go on the hills with them, but ideal for pre-planning and if you don't intent to stray far from your van.

Best of all...Waterstones have a 3 for 2 offer at the moment on all their Ordnance Survey range of maps. So today I walked of with 1 x 1:50,00 and 2 x Tour maps for just over 12 quid.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm also a paper map lover.. generally buy an OS map when staying in one place for any length of time.. invaluable.. I make notes on them, places visited, sites etc etc .. I even have some may dad used in the 50s and 60s.. they make interesting reading after all these years .. family history on a map .

I also use them with the Sea Scouts for route marking and walking..

For those who have an Android phone you can get the UK OS Atlas free on an app from the Play Store Link Removed

won't replace paper mapping for serious walking, but a good app all the same..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Buy all mine from this company, excellent fast service and cheap compared to high street:thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back