Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Just seen a ad. for a Instant internet USB for access to numerous TV channels advertised in the C&C magazine.
At £19.95 it seems a bargain to get TV without a dish.
Does anyone have experience of this device.
www.windsorproducts.com/USB37

Thanks
Malc

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Without an external antenna I would give it a 50/50 chance of working in most places that there is a campsite....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This is an internet device

Requirements: Windows XPsp2 or above, Window Vista, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
• CPU 2GHz or above
• Memory 1GB • Hard disc space 20MB
•[HI] Internet connection: 2Mbps[/HI]

it does nothing you can't do with laptop and internet connection.. it may make it a bit easier..that's all . you still need a good wifi or 3g connection.

free software that does the same job .. http://en.softonic.com/s/free-internet-tv-full-version-windows-7

Last edited:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Me Too

I was going to ask the same question and have the same ad in C&CC mag in front of me Seems too good to be true at £19.95 or is it just a gimmick
Have tried "filmon" in Spain but a bit iffy at times

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
just use filmon or iplayer

Deleted User
Not sure Filmon gives access to UK TV when abroad anymore, they lost a court case recently.
I tried it in Portugal 2 weeks ago and couldn't get any BBC or ITV channels but the internet connection wasn't brilliant.

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Just seen a ad. for a Instant internet USB for access to numerous TV channels advertised in the C&C magazine.

Thanks
Malc

I havent used this one tbh, i did have another one that was 3 times the price - you get what you pay for. The supplied aerial sucks so you can only get TV from strong signals....if its pulling it across the net, then make sure you have a good source (at home isnt a problem....but then why do you need it at home?)

I ditched the idea tbh, but if someone has found a good version, i might be tempted to try another :Smile:

UPDATE:
I have used Hauppage stuff a whgile ago that worked well...

I was looking for it when i found this;

Has some decent feedback,......

you might need to do something about the supplied aerial - but theyre always crap :Doh:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
well im in luxembourg at the moment and watchin mission impos 2 so yes u can get it while abroad

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just to clarify .. don't confuse this device with a usb TV tuner..

This is not a tuner to receive terrestrial TV, it does not use an aerial, it is piece of software on a usb stick that uses your internet connection to find on line TV .. don't waste money on it.. as I previously posted there is plenty of free software that will do the same job..

Not to be confused with USB TV tuners that receive terrestrial TV using an aerial, do not need or use the internet ... as shown in Deckard's link .

Last edited:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Slightly off topic but we have a TV at home with a usb drive. It allows us to record stuff on the telly and then put it onto the netbook. From there it connects up to the TV in the camper via HDMI cable.

It works well for when the satellite is out of reach because of trees or distance from UK. Needless to say it is full of Jeremy Kyle and Dickinsons Real Deal but I don't let friends know about watching Jeremy.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I've used one of these with great success when used with their better aerial (which I can't find on their website)

Link Removed

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
My best purchase recently is a media player from amazon, cost me about £25 and links to the TV via a HDMI lead and I plug my hard drive into it and play all the films you can down load from the internet. Have used it in the van and at home and Perfect for the cold German nights and the best bit of kit I have brought for a while.:thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
im now at the docks in calais and filmon is still working so thats luxembourg and france both allow filmon

Deleted User
im now at the docks in calais and filmon is still working so thats luxembourg and france both allow filmon

I'm in Southern Brittany and guess what ......... it works here as well ::bigsmile:
Please ignore my previous post ::bigsmile:

Only downside is I tried it on my orange data sim and it used around 2Mb/min

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......

Thanks
Malc
Would be interested if anyone has used this, it does sound good if it works.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back