Anyone interested (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am currently cleaning up the farm yard, we have 3 mhs parked there between us and just wondered if anyone would be interested in parking for the night, close to uttoxeter, Alton towers, potteries. Only an idea at the moment , not canvassing or anything just testing the water. It would only be one up from wild camping, just a tap and no interference

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Forgot to mention, there's a mobile tyre fitter based here , could do your tyres while you wait and also a pub across the road that does meals, and we have free range eggs, they are so free they will be in your van if you are not careful :Doh:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Chaser no where near your area but it sounds ideal to me so I'm sure loads of folk would love to spend the night there and if ever in your area I will pop round although I don't have a clue where uttoxeter is :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Consider signing yourself up for Brit Stops and make a few bob on it! Seems the easiest way to publicise what you have on offer as well.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Consider signing yourself up for Brit Stops and make a few bob on it! Seems the easiest way to publicise what you have on offer as well.

Yeah thought about that (I am in Britstops ) but it can be expensive if you use the pub ,we were out in Norfolk last week and it cost us £30 a night , not complaining but I haven't got anything to offer in that range, so was thinking of just funsters at £3-5 a night, no hassle just a night or two on a farm with sheep hens geese footpath pub church close to a50. If you think that's too much I won't bother with the hassle but if it sounds ok ,I'll get it sorted ::bigsmile:
Don't reckon much to cc and ccc so not going that route

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sounds good to me, but remember any more than 3 vans and you need a campsite licence

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Alton Towers access would be a big selling point. Why the park themselves don't offer MH overnighting in their car park (like theme parks in France) is beyond me.

I'd pay up to a tenner without quibble for what you've described - a fiver sounds like a bargain.

Would it be year round? We prefer visiting AT in October.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sounds good to me, but remember any more than 3 vans and you need a campsite licence

That sort of puts the mockers on it then, already got mine, sons and daughters, parked here, does that count, wouldn't be looking at more than another three and don't suppose all ours would be here together . What's involved in a licence?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
That sort of puts the mockers on it then, already got mine, sons and daughters, parked here, does that count, wouldn't be looking at more than another three and don't suppose all ours would be here together . What's involved in a licence?
Having the correct facilities, fresh water, grey and black waste dump, rubbish disposal, 1/3 of an acre for correct van spacing, a suitable entrance and assuming no problems with the local authority (it is after all a change of use) then you could make do with a CL licence if you can find an organisation to issue one, your own vehicles do I'm told count. Failing that you could just wing it and wait for a summons, hee hee

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Are the three MHs that you mention not just stored there privately? :winky:

We like the idea, but one important consideration for us would be, how close are you to a bus route, ie, a short walk? Being on a farm, you may be quite remote.

Regards,

Jock.

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
uttoxeter

I am currently cleaning up the farm yard, we have 3 mhs parked there between us and just wondered if anyone would be interested in parking for the night, close to uttoxeter, Alton towers, potteries. Only an idea at the moment , not canvassing or anything just testing the water. It would only be one up from wild camping, just a tap and no interference
yes would be interested so fill us in with the details regards sue n steve:Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Chaser.. Look into the MCC. Motorcaravanners club, you can get a CL license through them for up to 5 vans and they are slowly increaing their CL numbers..

Link Removed

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Chaser.. Look into the MCC. Motorcaravanners club, you can get a CL license through them for up to 5 vans and they are slowly increaing their CL numbers..

Link Removed

This looks interesting, might give it a go, but to be honest I am going off the idea, they want a third of an acre, dought if I could find that in one lump in the yard unless I add a bit of field in, and can't really supply toilet or black water facility's I was thinking along the lines of 1 or maybe 2 at a time just parking for the night and going the next day no bus service at all and nothing but fields and stuff round the farm other than what I have already said

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
This looks interesting, might give it a go, but to be honest I am going off the idea, they want a third of an acre, dought if I could find that in one lump in the yard unless I add a bit of field in, and can't really supply toilet or black water facility's I was thinking along the lines of 1 or maybe 2 at a time just parking for the night and going the next day no bus service at all and nothing but fields and stuff round the farm other than what I have already said
If you are that far off the road who is to know how many vans you got there and surely you are allowed friends to stop over to break their journey:winky:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I seem to recall that Jim had obtained permission to designate CFLs (certified fun locations). There is some mention of it here

Broken Link Removed

Not sure of the current situation, though.

Wyn

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you are that far off the road who is to know how many vans you got there and surely you are allowed friends to stop over to break their journey:winky:

That's what I was thinking , but even though we are off the main road we do have houses around

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
uttoxeter

don't know will try to find out but they always say its in a straight line as the crow flies question is which crow do you follow there are so many of them flying in different directions please let me know if you find out regards steve:thumb:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Camp on a farm

A very big hello, this is frog hopper in Hampshire but with family in stoke and Telford, so it's a big yes from me,don't like sites, have a water tank, a grey tank and a toilet tank, all big enough for a 4 day trip, so don't need nuffink, and promise to take rubbish home, ha ha, job done, and my camper would only be stored, wink wink nudge nudge:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back