Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Just watching fake Britain.

Today is all about cars motorcycles and even motorhomes. The scams they pull to get you to buy one,

But,

Fake tyres!!!!!!!
Yes budget tyres built on the patten of genuine ones.

Fake service books brought for £50

Some people are dumb, some scams are clever but a very interesting episode today,

Certainly worth a download on BBC I player :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Eventually found it on I player but repeats again from Auntie Beeb, must be all that dosh they paid out to staff to move plus the enormous costs of Mega City in Salford,

• Broadcast on BBC One, 9:15AM Wed, 15 May 2013
  • Available until 9:59AM Wed, 22 May 2013
  • First broadcast BBC One, 9:15AM Wed, 10 Mar 2010

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Just watching fake Britain.

Today is all about cars motorcycles and even motorhomes. The scams they pull to get you to buy one,

But,

Fake tyres!!!!!!!
Yes budget tyres built on the patten of genuine ones.

Fake service books brought for £50

Some people are dumb, some scams are clever but a very interesting episode today,

Certainly worth a download on BBC I player :thumb:

Your right, especially the tyres and the effect the cheaper rubber and design has on wet stopping distances. If we want to make cakes and sell them at a coffee morning we can't, yet these tyres are legal!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Fake Britain
Fake Program
Fake Presenter
Do you really believe any of it:Doh:
95% and Im being generous is for effect and shock value

Id rather get Done Than get Dom:RollEyes:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Fake Britain
Fake Program
Fake Presenter
Do you really believe any of it:Doh:
95% and Im being generous is for effect and shock value

Id rather get Done Than get Dom:RollEyes:

I believe in what I see with my own eyes.

Today included many scams actually reported by many funsters on here for some months, false adverts for vehicles, people being dumb enough to put 5k in to a holding account after trying to buy a vehicle,
Far from being shock value, we know that's happening and it's rife if Terry and others eBay scams are anything to go by.

The interesting one with the tyres was something I didn't know, I had no idea that some budget tyres were patterned on the back of other manufactures but only with inferior rubber.

Sadly there was a motorhome couple who had been ripped off not once but twice over advertising their motorhome.

So the point of thread is that there are some people still daft enough out there to get caught out by scams that aren't even particularly sophisticated, I hope that some will look at the programme and spread the word so that even the dumbest of people will realise that you should t be paying 5k in to a bank account for a 10k car should ring alarm bells.

Please remember, we are not all as well informed as others, what we may think is a bit dumb others without the knowledge will only know if informed.

That old adage of the answers only easy if you know it :Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .i saw that tyre bit. i could only think they arent marked as the top brand .they are marked with their own branding ,. sold cheap . you get what you pay for .no fake in it .
after all we can dress a person to look rich .doesnt make them rich.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
hi .i saw that tyre bit. i could only think they arent marked as the top brand .they are marked with their own branding ,. sold cheap . you get what you pay for .no fake in it .

Unless they are sold to you in such a way that you believe your getting a "bridgestone" made cheaply.

I have had some very decent, budget tyres from names I have never heard of the Japsui of the tyre world. I have had some criminally bad one's too that have nearly killed me and just been replaced with Continental's on my race panda.
Some of us choose to listen to the so called experts, put our trust in them and get ripped off?

Armed with the knowledge from the programme, I now will be far more specific in my choice.

Is that so wrong?

Sometime's i wonder why bothering to start threads aimed at helping people when all the experts evidently know so much more.
I thought the thread and link might of helped people as it helped me.

Obviously Im wrong :RollEyes:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Here's a little snippet from a popular tyre manufacture

Q How do I spot a fake tyre and what are the dangers?

A "It’s very difficult to establish whether fake tyres are of good quality or not, and if they perform and guarantee the same level of safety as branded tyres.

"To avoid buying fake tyres I recommend going to official tyres dealers who will assist you and provide you with the best tyres for your car."

However, then look at and see who sells these?

yes its the very people your told to go to.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/tyre-test-why-budget-tyres-could-kill/251766

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if they were branded top then expect top. but again they are branded with a budget name . so expect budget.
seems straight forward to me .
you can buy asda jeans for a fiver . they are blue could look a bit like levi with a different name . dont expect levi wear etc .

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
if they were branded top then expect top. but again they are branded with a budget name . so expect budget.
seems straight forward to me .
you can buy asda jeans for a fiver . they are blue could look a bit like levi with a different name . dont expect levi wear etc .

I agree, There is no such thing as a free meal
If people are stupid enough to think they are getting £120 tyres for £50 leave them to it
Dont keep putting this trash on our TV's

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I agree, There is no such thing as a free meal
If people are stupid enough to think they are getting £120 tyres for £50 leave them to it
Dont keep putting this trash on our TV's

Or educate them that they are not?

That's after all the whole point is it not?

You gloss over the other aspects of the programme, protecting yourself from internet scams, buying dodgy car's etc etc

what might be yours and others "trash tv" is another's education.

Boy this forum pisses me off these days. :Angry:

Bye,

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Geo

Don't agree with you Geo My son bought a car from a dealer in Harrogate to find it had been cloned It was nicked in S Ireland He got his money back thankfully.
A lot off stuff on Amazon and E bay aren't what they seem

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Where have people been all their lives that they don't know all these things , the only one that got me was airbags, surely something like that only Honda would fit, so how do they get in cars.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
On the subject of tyres, I recall (and it was some time ago) that the major tyre manufacturers used to sell on the moulds for discontinued patterns. The moulds cost a fortune to manufacture. I've been out of that business for some years now and things may have changed although I doubt it. Afterall you would see the major tyre companies suing the forgers wouldn't you?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back