Best way to fix an Internal miror (1 Viewer)

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
For some reason i head butted my internal mirror with the back of my head :Doh:and knocked it of, how do i fix it back on i tried those stickers all that did was set set my alarm off when it fell off so then i tried the mesh with glue no luck again (it might have been to cold for the glue) any other ideas

Andy

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You could try cat-gut or if it's completely detached staples! You must be from up north, there hardy people up there! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Typing with your head under your arm must make fitting a mirror a doddle
Try something like instant grab adhesive or no nails
Seriously go to a windscreen fitters and ask them for a pad Totally different to what you can buy and only come in boxes of 100

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Never use Super glue -use mirror pads -double sided stick tape- perfereably a good name like 3m rather than the pound shop ones -next you will be asking how to remove a mirror ::bigsmile: use a pice of fishing line droped behind and a sawing motion to cut through mirror tabs :thumb:::bigsmile: Handy to haveanother pair of hands to catch it ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Never use Super glue -use mirror pads -double sided stick tape- perfereably a good name like 3m rather than the pound shop ones -next you will be asking how to remove a mirror ::bigsmile: use a pice of fishing line droped behind and a sawing motion to cut through mirror tabs :thumb:::bigsmile: Handy to haveanother pair of hands to catch it ::bigsmile:
terry

Terry easiest way to remove is a head but so i found out:Doh: Tried mirror pads no good when reversing camera is fastened to it, thanks all for your replies

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry easiest way to remove is a head but so i found out:Doh: Tried mirror pads no good when reversing camera is fastened to it, thanks all for your replies

We used to fix hundreds of mirrors and belive me by far the best way is quality mirror pads and plenty of them --- my mate does window tints and again he uses quality tape for fixing back both mirrors and cameras
You could try sickaflex, stick all etc but you wont remove without dammage
terry

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You need the proper 3m pads BUT first you need to clean the area and back of the mirror with something like meths to remove all traces of grease from fingers etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back