Southdown---- is it me or........... (1 Viewer)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
On 5 .5.13 I ordered a couple of Gaslow parts online from Southdown's all singing website. My paypal payment went within seconds. Having received no goods or even acknowledgement by last thursday 10th I rang them at 5.05pm to be told that only one person does online business and he finished at 5.0pm, could I ring back on Friday. I rang on friday to be told he was havinfg a days holiday. Sensing my amazement the lady said she would investigate and ring me back. After 4 hrs I rang again and received a promise that she would ring me. After another hour she rang to tell me that one of the items was out of stock but would be in on monday 13th.
I rang the man who was now back from hols on monday to be told he was at the dentist. I rang back at lunch and finally spoke to him. Guess what! They had no knowledge of my order as their system had blocked it and placed with frozen orders. He agreed they had the payment and would now order the items from gaslow and I might have them for next weekend. He was genuinely surprised that I asked for a refund and gave him some useful tips on running a online business. He promised to do a paypal refund.
( I rang Gaslow and ordered the parts and they arrived today in less than 24 hours. Cheers Gaslow I will never stray again!) I rang Southdown at 4.30 pm after no refund appeared with paypal, to be told only the finance director could do a refund and he was out till today.
Today I rang their finance dept to be told the only man who could refund me was on holiday till next week. I asked for Michael Ayling MD---on hols out of the country, then Russell Ayling--- on hols and Andrew Ayling-- working at home and cant' give his number. I then asked what do you do if I offer you a 50k motorhome for 10k. You do not have anyway of paying?
I was then told that they would pay by bank transfer. Yipee I said I will give you my bank details. The lady took them and said she would do a transfer to my account today. GUESS WHAT: I got a paypal credit 10 mins later.
I have never heard such tosh from 1 company in all my life.
I will not bother them ever again. The only word they have never ever said is------------SORRY.
Amazed
Bernie

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Concorde and have had decent service from Southdowns, paying for parts after we were satisfied they were correct. It seems odd that you should order Gaslow bits from them in Portsmouth when there must be umpteen Gaslow suppliers closer to you in North Yorkshire!

OP
OP
Ber090

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Canopus, They appear as Gaslow centre if you google gaslow. I can't see how distance matters if online shopping. They appeared to offer a good service and competitive price. I have no axe to grind just tellin what happened to me!
Cheers
Bernie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Googled Gaslow and Southdown doesnt appear in the first ten entries. Try Hamilton Gas for prompt service :thumb:

OP
OP
Ber090

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Canopus, Do you have a problem with me reporting what happens truthfully when I order goods?
Bernie

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Glad you got it sorted, a reminder that a good looking web page is nothing more Than a good looking shop window.

Inside the shop is where it matters.

I have used southdowns before though for online shopping and they delivered what they said, maybe I was lucky? Maybe you were unlucky?

The thing I always say is that anyone can make a mistake, it's how the company rectifies it that matters to me. In your case it sounds real poor.

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
southdown is it me

Hi,We went there to buy a new motorhome,with a bank transfer via phone but we did not get to speak to anyone as they looked at us and walked away,so we thought no way do we buy from them,so you are not alone,regards H.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back