Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
ACTIFRY..Tefal or Seb (same item from the same company both French )...........come on....who has got one.....more info later:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Mel

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They might have cured the problem , but they did have a reputation for catching fire.

Try googling ' Actifry fire hazard'

As I say , any problems there were might now be resolved.

I have heard they are excellent but the fire risk puts me off - a bit like Beko fridge freezers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
ACTIFRY..Tefal or Seb (same item from the same company both French )...........come on....who has got one.....more info later:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Mel

Well a Motorhomefun friend of ours ...Don Quixote...John & Dawn...has one and said they are good... John is not daft far from it also very street wise:thumb:(as far as I know John purchased it for a more healthier way of eating chips and many other foods)....

Yes I know they are not cheap....they vary from £120 upwards for the 1kg to £140 to £180 for the 1.2kg to and £169 to £240 for the 1.5kg......

We thought they were just another tefal gimmick....and dismissed them.......till after Chris had her stroke...and I needed to lose weight (well just a little) ..so we watched YouTube and adverts for many many hours.......and then purchased the 1.2kg actifry Plus.....Wow they are good....yes expensive chips, stir,fry and lots of other items you can cook in the Actifry....but it is simple.. put your freshly cut potatoes chips , or potato pieces for roast potatoes set the timer press start/on and forget about it till alarm bleeps to say it is finished...(It does not totally get rid of your deep fat fryer...but it does most of the items you would do in the D/fat fryer...:thumb:with less fat intake...the chips are a cross between a normal D/F/fried chip and a lot tastier than an oven chip..crispy and dry:thumb:

Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
They might have cured the problem , but they did have a reputation for catching fire.

Try googling ' Actifry fire hazard'

As I say , any problems there were might now be resolved.

I have heard they are excellent but the fire risk puts me off - a bit like Beko fridge freezers.

Thanks Chris....done

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We have one too and agree they are great, we take it away with us , a bit bulky to store but that is the only downside. Wifey makes all sorts of goodies with it and I think the chips are far better than ovenchips etc.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Merilyn says she loves it and I certainly love what it cooks. She uses it everyday at home and we take it in the van and use it all the time while away. Chips, veg, toast, toasties, chicken etc can all be cooked far more healthily than conventional frying methods. :thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We had one and it did catch on fire.
Used it for 6 months then the fan slowed down but the element kept heating(red hot).:Eeek:
Could not put any thing other than hard pre shaped items in it: ie no self made battered food.
We use a good deep fat fryer with good oil now:thumb:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Merilyn says she loves it and I certainly love what it cooks. She uses it everyday at home and we take it in the van and use it all the time while away. Chips, veg, toast, toasties, chicken etc can all be cooked far more healthily than conventional frying methods. :thumb:

Scratch the toast and toasties. Apparently they are done in the double skillet. Shows how much I cook.

But, you can do stir fry's, bacon, sausages, rissottos, chillis, curries. In fact anything that's in the recipe book that comes with it.

You will gather from the above that I am to cooking what Dame Margot Fonteyne is to oxy-acetylene welding.:Doh:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Had 2 and same fault, catch on lid hardened and broke,great bit of kit and ive heard they rectified fault.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I suppose it works on the same principle as the original dry frying pan for a hob - like the one here, so if you don't have electric hook up but still want to have a dry fry facility, this would be a solution especially since it has a detachable handle, and doesn't seem to be a bad price.

Link Removed

Attachments

• dry fry pan.JPG
    dry fry pan.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We have had ours for about a year, the only things we cook in it are chips or roast potatoes and are very happy with the results.
I would rather stir fry in a wok .
It is a bulky bit of machinery the kitchen work services are taken up with everything from bread maker , coffee machine, kenwood etc, when cleaning the kitchen it feels like your having a workout having to move/lift everything to clean .
I ask myself do we really need all this stuff. :Eeek:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back