Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Arrived at Butterfly yesterday and it was a good job we were early as by late afternoon all the pitches were gone. Weathers great today and forecast good for tomorrow. we leave thursday for Verona and hope to hit venice Friday.

Ciao!

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Butterfly

Have stayed at Butterfly quite a few times but last time, even though we had booked, we could not get on the pitch allocated.

If you are in Peschiera, and want to be in that town to be near the trains etc, then Camping del Garda has a lot of pitches and is also walkable to the trains. Another less busy site is Camping dell Ouva.

Speaking of trains, you can often get two seats for the price of one. Google "Trenitalia" and select the English option. You book the tickets on line and collect at the station from the machine. "2-4-1" is usually Saturday or Sunday travel.

Russell

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Have stayed at Butterfly quite a few times but last time, even though we had booked, we could not get on the pitch allocated.

If you are in Peschiera, and want to be in that town to be near the trains etc, then Camping del Garda has a lot of pitches and is also walkable to the trains. Another less busy site is Camping dell Ouva.

Speaking of trains, you can often get two seats for the price of one. Google "Trenitalia" and select the English option. You book the tickets on line and collect at the station from the machine. "2-4-1" is usually Saturday or Sunday travel.

Russell

Russell .. we were looking at going to Butterfly on 23 July but we are becoming a little worried that we may not get a pitch .. even if we book.. Would it be easier to turn up and hope for the best or is booking still going to be the obvious way .. (I just checked Camping del Gardas website and they dont have a booking facility on there)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Butterfly

In the past, I have pre booked Butterfly and also just turned up. The latest occasion, they had reserved a pitch, but being a tag axle etc etc. I had said in the email though the length of the unit.

July is tricky as it is holiday time. There are however many sites at Lake Garda and also Link Broken at Peschiera.

I dont pre book anything anymore except the UK but we travel in Italy usually in May and September.

Russell

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back