How long between kettle stops ? (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We've noticed since we bought our MH last year that our tea bag consumption has increased vs the tin tent:whatthe:

On long hauls we used to stop only every now and then and usually not that often. Now with everyone comfy inside we seem to be touring French aires in a sort of tea-crawl.

It goes something like this:

"Another aire in 2000m, fancy another brew ? yeah why not, haven't had one for at least 10 kilometers"

Going to get a Tetley sticker for the back of the van:RollEyes:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
We've noticed since we bought our MH last year that our tea bag consumption has increased vs the tin tent:whatthe:

On long hauls we used to stop only every now and then and usually not that often. Now with everyone comfy inside we seem to be touring French aires in a sort of tea-crawl.

"Another aire in 2000m, fancy another brew ? yeah why not, haven't had one for at least 10 kilometers"

We never go far from home without a flask of hot water, tea bags and a small bottle of milk.
Even in the MH we have the flask so we can get tea whenever we like without stopping.
And we thought it was just us that liked a cuppa.
Always plenty of Tetley in our MH and bacon when we go to France.

Attachments

• tea.png
    tea.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 12

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can so relate to this post, except we are a PG Tips van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I could win an Olympic gold medal if there was one for drinking tea!!! Nice and strong - left to brew for at least 7 mins!!! :thumb:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'm glad we're not only ones then:ROFLMAO:

Tea, diesel and croissants: we can cross Europe on that mix

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Travelling a long distance we like to cover some Tarmac so 350mls a day is normal, and, by then we're usually gagging for a brew. Prefer something strong so Yorkshire Tea fits the bill. What's your favourite tipple?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The longest I go is 1 hour.
This matches nicely for me as it about as long as I can go without a ciggy, it is also as long as I can go after the last half pint of coffee without peeing myself and while I am at it I may as well top up..

Kettle on, pee, make coffee, drink and smoke....

this leads to an hour later needing another pee, also ready for smoke... It goes on and on and on....

Once the cycle starts though it seems a shame to stop driving...:Doh:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Our kettle is on constantly until bar opens
12 volt driving gas on site
Van does about 3 tea bags to mile on a good day

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We never stop for a brew i usually drink water and stop probably every 4 hours unless i'm hungry or need the loo :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'm put out if i have to stop for fuel, never mind tea/coffee.

if i have somewhere to go i like to get there sooner rather than later.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
My late partner Dawn could drink tea for England to Olympic standard (GOLD)..she could do around 3 hours tops before her concentration went and we would stop for a brew..we always had a big Calor Gas bottle..a 907 with a burner attachment screwed directly on to it so it was minimum fuss for a brew water in the kettle and on the burner and hey presto couple of minutes later a good ol' Tetley brew
Personally being an ex truck driver it never fussed me the length of time between tea stops..but if the guvnor needed a brew I always knew of a good stopping place to brew up!!

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I think it's the novelty of having easy access to the kitchen vs long distance driving in the car or car with caravan. Until last year we did long haul with limited stops ie our house to Calais is around 800kms and that was done without stops through the night.

We've gone from very few stops to well quite a few stops... and then there's the children knowing that a toilet is only 2m way:RollEyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tea for two, and two for tea
Weak for you and strong for me
Then a stop to have a pee
... and another cup of tea! ::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

It's not a MH you need, but more like one of these. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QuBM_t_Tjw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QuBM_t_Tjw[/ame]

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I think we belong to the naughty team, we brew up while we are on the go.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think we belong to the naughty team, we brew up while we are on the go.

Please tell me that you use a flask and not the gas hob!!! :whatthe:

Not that I'm recommending you play around with hot water whilst travelling!!! :Eeek:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
You only get an "oooooh" from Typhoo:roflmto:

Now serious question, is it illegal to go for a "wee" when travelling up the M6 (or other motorways!) whilst the mh is going? I would think it is:Blush:

Surely I'm not the first person to have done this? But just wondered on the legalities of it, if you can use the loo on a coach whilst travelling, is it any different for a mh?

Margaret:Smile:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Wee on the go

Now serious question, is it illegal to go for a "wee" when travelling up the M6 (or other motorways!) whilst the mh is going? I would think it is:Blush:

Surely I'm not the first person to have done this? But just wondered on the legalities of it, if you can use the loo on a coach whilst travelling, is it any different for a mh?

I would guess illegal as seat belts must be worn if fitted.
I would also guess a public service is exempt?
Definetely illegal if you are the driver of course

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

I would guess illegal as seat belts must be worn if fitted.
I would also guess a public service is exempt?
Definetely illegal if you are the driver of course

No, Bill was driving at the time. I won't be trying it again..........too many rattles!

Last edited:

Mathilde

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Australia
Funster No
MH
Peugeot auto sleeper
Exp
since 2010
We always fill a thermos at breakfast (using our electric ring on cooker at campsite) and then use for morning cuppa on the road and lunch when travelling. It saves gas, and also turning the gas tap on and off. :Smile:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
MHVirgins - Now serious question, is it illegal to go for a "wee" when travelling up the M6 (or other motorways!) whilst the mh is going?

Hang on tight Lads, were coming to the chicane----- Our aim is to please - your aim will help!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I wont mention any names,(it wasn't me) but I know someone who was desperate at the bottom end of the M11 recently ........... the SLIP road onto the M25 is quite a sharp bend :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back