Scouts make sausages (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Fantastic,some kit you've got there. Of course the best part is cooking and eating them.
Currently I am working on a project with our group (64th. Birkenhead sea scouts) on an allotment scheme. To promote healthy eating and also to explain that fruit and veg doesn't come from Sainsburys.
We would like some livestock but the local 'residents' would take a shine to them,may look at a beehive though.
Its all good and anything to wean them away from junk and convenience foods.
Well done JIM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That is brilliant,:thumb: how did they taste.

thanks.. they did go down well.. in a word... delicious.. :thumb:

made from fresh lean and belly pork + rusk and spices, a prefect Cumberland sausage.

Should have mentioned, we also made beef burgers..

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Fantastic,some kit you've got there. Of course the best part is cooking and eating them.
[HI]Currently I am working on a project with our group (64th. Birkenhead sea scouts) on an allotment scheme. To promote healthy eating and also to explain that fruit and veg doesn't come from Sainsburys.[/HI]
We would like some livestock but the local 'residents' would take a shine to them,may look at a beehive though.
Its all good and anything to wean them away from junk and convenience foods.
Well done JIM.

what a great idea.. we have a patch of waste ground that could be used.. will ask if they are interested.. :thumb:

maybe even a few chickens :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Aye, a big tray of them. I saw them. ::bigsmile: I never saw any square sausage though. :winky:

Good on you Jim, for contributing your time and patience to the Scout group. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

thanks Jock...

square slice ehh.. long time since I had that .. but never missed it .. :roflmto:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
square slice ehh.. long time since I had that .. but never missed it .. :roflmto:
Naw, me neither Jim. :winky: It gives me horrendous heartburn, despite taking my Omperazole. :roflmto:

Eating that sort of "tasty grub", it's "nae wunner" that we Scots have the highest heart disease rate in Western Europe. :Eeek:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back