Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
See .

At first glance this seems like an excellent way to dip a toe into the murky [to me at least] waters of satellite telly on the move. But would I be able to watch BBC/ITV in France with it?

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
See .

At first glance this seems like an excellent way to dip a toe into the murky [to me at least] waters of satellite telly on the move. But would I be able to watch BBC/ITV in France with it?

And would it work in the wilds of Scotland? ;-). The dish looks a bit on the wee side for Scotland but what do I know? Never dabbled with satellites stuff before.

Tim

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
And would it work in the wilds of Scotland? ;-). The dish looks a bit on the wee side for Scotland but what do I know? Never dabbled with satellites stuff before.

Tim
I've got the Lidl version which is virtually the same. I've used it successfully on the CC site at Morvich, near Skye. I can also get reception on it at home on the east coast of Scotland.

They can be a bit fiddly to set up but are very good value.

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We bought a previous version a few years ago. I made my own tripod out of a 3-arm washing line (inverted). Only used it in England but it worked OK.

I bought the Aldi one and, like you, use a 3-arm washing line. So far have only been able to pick up a German satellite (at least I know it works!) I haven't really had a good go at it yet, to be fair. Just had the week at York CC site where terrestrial reception was poor. Would have been well worth trying the sat system but didn't think about it till we were going:Doh: I'll get it up and running some day:thumb:

Wyn

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought the Aldi one and, like you, use a 3-arm washing line. [HI]So far have only been able to pick up a German satellite (at least I know it works!)[/HI] I haven't really had a good go at it yet, to be fair. Just had the week at York CC site where terrestrial reception was poor. Would have been well worth trying the sat system but didn't think about it till we were going:Doh: I'll get it up and running some day:thumb:

Wyn

I used to be good at that ::bigsmile: I found the best way to set it up was to turn the dish to where you think it should point then kick the tripod. Worked for me ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back