LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all yet again recovery ::bigsmile:I am presently with ADAC which runs out at the end of the month :Smile:Now the boss has stated that she wants a uk based recovery firm and not German this year (after all the reports-not sure if the AA will still recover in UK):Smile:
Currently this is my needs
4.2 ton
only UK recovery
personal cover -so that I am covered in any vehicle IE my pick up truck as well as m/h ::bigsmile:
So far the RAC IS leading the race with a quote of £110 for there Arivals scheme giving me free C & CC membership for the year :thumb: (we had this before)
ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE ?
we are members of the CC but there scheme only covers vehicles and not personal cover (but I am sure they do / did PC) SO PERHAPS i HAVE BEEN MIS INFORMED
terry

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have RAC top european on a 5t with the insurance from Comfort, had them out once for a jump start and had to persuade them not to send a lorry just the little van !!
Twas a good deal with the insurance

Dave

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
WOW this is prooving things have moved on in the last couple of years since I went to ADAC ::bigsmile: so far quoted
CC -Mayday /Greenflag 2 vehicle cover £83.50
Britannia 2VC £96.70 or personal cover £ 93.65
LV /Britannia ::bigsmile: PC £88.65 on a rolling renewal
Any more to try ?
Terry

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
+1 for Britannia Rescue. I have two cars and the motorhome - £110 gives personal cover for anything wife and I are in, plus Euro cover for the van. Haven't called them out in years, but when I did they were excellent. Have never understood the attraction of dealing with a breakdown company for whom english is not first language :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped............Have never understood the attraction of dealing with a breakdown company for whom english is not first language :)
I think it's the repatriation element of their package Eric. I must admit, if I was going out of mainland Europe, I would probably take up ADAC again, "BUT" in addition to the Britannia Rescue.

Cheers,

Jock.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We got PREMIUM UK cover with Green Flag.

It covers;

Anywhere in the UK, INCLUDING our doorstep, transport to the repairer of our choice,
Trailer/caravan if we are towing one (must have a 50mm towball)
Personal cover, any vehicle me or Mrs R is driving OR travelling in anywhere in the UK
AND if I'm crook and can't drive, they'll supply a Driver to get the M/H home & MrsR home

Cost £117 per annum

Had a friend with a M/H, he had AA or RAC not sure which, he called them out, his van was 5mtrs 200mm in length
they refused to recover him cause he was over 5mtrs:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back