Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Nordkapp Trip - Shakedown

At present sitting at Lyndon Top Farm Campsite, Rutland, with Garry & Chris (Flatpackchicken), the other half of the convoy, doing a shakedown trip ready for the off on 20th May for our trip to Nordkapp, Norway. Weather not too good here, hope it's not an omen for things to come. Going anyway, what will be, will be, taking winter warmers with us so that we are prepared.

Can't wait.

Nigel and Pamala

Last edited:

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Have a lovely trip. ... really jealous. Sounds like a trip of a lifetime. Keep us informed as to hows it going and whats you up to..apart from fishing.!

Regards Brian and Chris

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I'm sure you'll have a blast.
We've often thought about the route you're going so we'll be following your updates with genuine interest.
Mike and Gwen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Nigel & Pam have a great trip, we're off to Alaska 6 days after you. Must meet up for a beer when we're both back. Checked out Prudhoe Bay weather today, next week snow and minus 21 at night :Eeek: and I'll be there on the bike in a few weeks::bigsmile:

Drive Safe:thumb::thumb:

RorynJan

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr Just as the weather gets better here you set off to find the cold again. Think you are mad. :Eeek: I would stay at rutland :ROFLMAO:. Sorry I know you are looking forward to it and I wish you all the best and hope you have a wonderfull time and a safe journey:thumb:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Nigel and Pamala

Have a great trip and if you see a Dutch camper named "the Duke" it will be us :thumb:

Have fun

Paul and Ineke

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Pamela and Nigel
Have a fab time. Feeling a tad envious as I'm sat at home nursing a broken wrist, hey ho. Really look forward to hearing all about the trip
Kath

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Nigel and Pamela,

Have a great trip, stay safe and enjoy.

If youre passing through you know where we are, if not we can catch up when youre back to hear about your travels.

Rory minus 21, we should have been there about now too, maybe a little later, but hopefully next year, fingers crossed.
Have a safe journey.

Pat and Neil

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Have a really great time all of you - hope to do similar one day! :thumb::thumb:

Best regards

Catherine

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
You could get help you know. You can afford private, you don't have to wait for the NHS.

Aw come on where's your sense of adventure. Was thinking of asking you along you're a biker aren't you :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Was thinking of asking you along you're a biker aren't you :winky:

Not compared to you.

Hot or cold, I go for hot.

I remember Biarritz in T-shirt and shorts, my legs got burned. Now that's my kind of biking. Biggest danger, riding along the front and not falling off due to some of the sights on the beach. There's a thought for you as you pick the icicles out of your eyebrows.

Last Monday was grand, first time this year I didn't turn on the heated grips.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have a great trip and all being well I should be catching you up mid June. Bye the way, you will have more chance of catching frostbite in Benidorm than above the Arctic circle by the time you get there. Mid 20s is the norm.

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Tried some of the new kit out today - more than impressed - we bought a really brilliant BBQ/Fire Pit at the Peterborough Show which folds down to nothing.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Nigel & Pam have a great trip, we're off to Alaska 6 days after you. Must meet up for a beer when we're both back. Checked out Prudhoe Bay weather today, next week snow and minus 21 at night :Eeek: and I'll be there on the bike in a few weeks::bigsmile:

Drive Safe:thumb::thumb:

RorynJan

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did - it will warm up before you get there, just watch out for those moose on that Dalton Highway, more importantly we think you should watch out for those huge metal animals coming at you in the opposite direction or more importantly the rocks they sling up as they pass.

We MUST catch up on our return to share stories. Wouldn't it be a coincidence crossing the Arctic Circle at the same time.

Have a safe journey.

Nigel and Pamala

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Softy route

'our trip to Nordkapp, Norway.'

Very best of luck. Will be watching how you get on with baited breath. We are going North in June but not as far and by the softy 'up the middle of Sweden' route. If we make the circle I will be well chuffed and really quite amazed.

Best wishes

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Nigel and Pamala

Have a great trip and if you see a Dutch camper named "the Duke" it will be us :thumb:

Have fun

Paul and Ineke

We will look out for you, are you displaying a MHF sticker - we have ours - we are in a White Dodge Ram with a demountable and Garry has Eurovan and a trailer.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Have a great trip and all being well I should be catching you up mid June. Bye the way, you will have more chance of catching frostbite in Benidorm than above the Arctic circle by the time you get there. Mid 20s is the norm.

We'll text you our co-ordinates occasionally to see if we are in the same vicinity, if we don't meet along the way will see you at Senja. Have a safe journey.

Nigel and Pamala

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
are you displaying a MHF sticker

Nope, we live in the Netherlands and the last time we were in England was in 2010.
No MHF stickers available in 2010 :Blush:

But its name is up front and at the back of our camper "The Duke"

We will be in Scandinavia for approx 1-1/2 month, but we are not heading for the Nordkapp
We will not be going further north than the Lofoten

Have a great trip and leave some sun for us :ROFLMAO:

Paul and Ineke

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We'll text you our co-ordinates occasionally to see if we are in the same vicinity, if we don't meet along the way will see you at Senja. Have a safe journey.

Nigel and Pamala

No worries pal. If we don't meet up on the road up I will see you at Flakstadvag. Bring beer ::bigsmile:.

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Nope, we live in the Netherlands and the last time we were in England was in 2010.
No MHF stickers available in 2010 :Blush:

But its name is up front and at the back of our camper "The Duke"

We will be in Scandinavia for approx 1-1/2 month, but we are not heading for the Nordkapp
We will not be going further north than the Lofoten

Have a great trip and leave some sun for us :ROFLMAO:

Paul and Ineke

If we meet we will have a spare sticker with us - before heading to Nordkapp we are also going to Lofoten (Flakstadvag) - hopefully meeting up with Dave & Pat (Snowbird), more Funsters - we will have to have ourselves a 'mini' MHF meet there, if you happen to be in the area at the same time.

Nigel and Pamala

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If we meet we will have a spare sticker with us - before heading to Nordkapp we are also going to Lofoten (Flakstadvag) - hopefully meeting up with Dave & Pat (Snowbird), more Funsters - we will have to have ourselves a 'mini' MHF meet there, if you happen to be in the area at the same time.

Nigel and Pamala

Make sure you are in front when you come out of the pipe and start going down into Flakstadvag. You can then claim the honour of being the second Englishman to set foot in the place ::bigsmile:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back