maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
.......... on taking your motorhome to a weighbridge and it weighing exactly the GVW on the plate?

Happened to me yesterday when I visited a weighbridge for the first time - and I have the printout to prove it. ::bigsmile:

I had deliberately loaded the van up with full fuel and water tanks, and just completed the weekly shop at the supermarket. I also had about 20L in the waste water tank, sloshing about to clean it as I drove along, so that accounted for about 20kg. But having just 20kg spare on GVW was a lot closer than I thought it would be! I live in the van so obviously have a bit more stuff on board than a lot of people, but never imagined I had reached the stated 811 kg payload - which is a pretty decent figure to start with! I don't exactly have a lot of clutter. :RollEyes:

The axle loadings were actually pretty nicely spread - with 1860 of a maximum 2100 on the front, and 2640 of a maximum 3000 shared between the twin rear axles.

Anyway, today I spoke to SV Tech and the good news is that uprating to add a further 500kg to GVW is just a paperwork exercise. Not that I intend adding that much more to my payload in reality, but it would be nice to know that I had a bit more leeway than just 20kg! :Smile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It's worth doing if you are that close.

My MOT station has weight measuring equipment.
Mine recorded 3200KG out of 3500KG. I was expecting to be somewhat closer than that so a good result.

The good thing for you though is it is a rare fulltimer who has a full waste tank and a full fresh tank :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The good thing for you though is it is a rare fulltimer who has a full waste tank and a full fresh tank :ROFLMAO:

One thing's for sure, I will be filling up with water at Newbury Show (however long it takes) rather than arriving with a full tank of water. Routes in could be prime VOSA hunting territory. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back