Free Member
May 6, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello everyone I am new here and want to learn about Varieties of 125cc Scooters.Did anyone share Varieties of 125cc Scooters with me?
:thanks2: in advance.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hello everyone I am new here and want to learn about Varieties of 125cc Scooters.[HI]Did anyone share Varieties of 125cc Scooters with me?[/HI]

I might have done Helen, back in the mid to late sixties, it all kind of depends on how fussy you were about whose scooter you got on the back of!

Welcome to the mad house by the way............ Griff:winky:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Varieties?

Not sure I understand the question Helen.

Do you mean different makes of bike or the different styles available? Generally I would say that a 125cc machine would be described as a motorbike, albeit a small one, whereas the term scooter usually refers to a machine of 50cc.

It gets confusing however as some styles of machine are referred to as super-scooters, as although they can be up to approx. 400 or 500cc, their shape and riding position is what many would say was a scooter style, although they will deal with longer distances in more comfort and at faster speeds.

Simon
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

helen883

Free Member
May 6, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not sure I understand the question Helen.

Do you mean different makes of bike or the different styles available? Generally I would say that a 125cc machine would be described as a motorbike, albeit a small one, whereas the term scooter usually refers to a machine of 50cc.

It gets confusing however as some styles of machine are referred to as super-scooters, as although they can be up to approx. 400 or 500cc, their shape and riding position is what many would say was a scooter style, although they will deal with longer distances in more comfort and at faster speeds.

Simon
:thumb:
I want to learn different styles of 125cc bikes available in the market .Thanks for your opinion.

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Honda

Anything Honda will be good, I would like to say BSA or Matchless but we don't do these sort of things any more.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Helen,
We bought a Vespa 125cc ET4 scooter (2002 model). We bought it to go on the back of our Hymer B584 for use whilst on site.
We choose this model because it's 'relatively' lightweight - about 110Kg and (together with the bracket it sits on) is just within the overall weight limit for the 'van.
It goes well but top 'safe' speed is around 40/45mph when 2 up - not quite fast enough to keep up with most traffic on open roads.
Bigger scooters or bikes are more powerful but heavier so not an option on the Motorhome.

Hope this helps,
John:Cool:

dug

May 28, 2011
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
ducato maxi tdi 24'
Exp
Honda Innova 125cc ...

Hi and welcome to the club,this is my choice and am looking for one at the moment for the back of the M/home.
Main reasons Honda reliability....Weight of approx. 100KG one of the lowest I could find..Nippy and will seat two and some shopping in the top box(extra)..I also like the larger than scooter wheels,as an old rocker a bike looking bike is great.!
In the link http://www.bikesandtravels.co.uk/biker.aspx?ride=19&info=1 is a test ride and if you scroll on down after reading lots of comments by owners and experienced bikers.hope this helps....
Have Fun,dug.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to the club,this is my choice and am looking for one at the moment for the back of the M/home.
Main reasons Honda reliability....Weight of approx. 100KG one of the lowest I could find..Nippy and will seat two and some shopping in the top box(extra)..I also like the larger than scooter wheels,as an old rocker a bike looking bike is great.!
In the link http://www.bikesandtravels.co.uk/biker.aspx?ride=19&info=1 is a test ride and if you scroll on down after reading lots of comments by owners and experienced bikers.hope this helps....
Have Fun,dug.

Hi Dug,
Thanks for posting this info. I too do not like the small wheels on the scooter - find the machine 'twitchy' over 40mph. Also, the Honda at 100kg is probably slightly lighter than our Vespa/Piaggio.
The Honda's a consideration may be....

John

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hello everyone I am new here and want to learn about Varieties of 125cc Scooters.Did anyone share Varieties of 125cc Scooters with me?

These days most people seem to get a Direct Bikes one, as they are so unbelievably cheap. 125cc is £749 plus delivery and registration. Not much more than a decent pushbike.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I would say you can not get a good small scooter anymore, more and more chinese imports are flooding the market which are unsafe, these bikes don't pass their first MOT
even the big brands are buying them in and rebranding them as their own because they can't compete

OP
OP
H

helen883

Free Member
May 6, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Anything Honda will be good, I would like to say BSA or Matchless but we don't do these sort of things any more.
Thanks G4OGE.Can you upload some pictures of Honda /BSA ?
I also hear Honda provide good quality and a guarantee.

OP
OP
H

helen883

Free Member
May 6, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Helen,
We bought a Vespa 125cc ET4 scooter (2002 model). We bought it to go on the back of our Hymer B584 for use whilst on site.
We choose this model because it's 'relatively' lightweight - about 110Kg and (together with the bracket it sits on) is just within the overall weight limit for the 'van.
It goes well but top 'safe' speed is around 40/45mph when 2 up - not quite fast enough to keep up with most traffic on open roads.
Bigger scooters or bikes are more powerful but heavier so not an option on the Motorhome.

Hope this helps,
John:Cool:
Hello johnandi ,
Thanks for providing this information. Did this scooter have a Modern Stylish Design? What is Recommended Age for riding it?

OP
OP
H

helen883

Free Member
May 6, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have Fun,dug.
Thanks Dug for sharing your experience. The bike is good looking and having interesting features. I study Reviews of many people about Honda Innova 125 and it seems it has a good featured bike. What you say about its guarantee?

OP
OP
H

helen883

Free Member
May 6, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
These days most people seem to get a Direct Bikes one, as they are so unbelievably cheap. 125cc is £749 plus delivery and registration. Not much more than a decent pushbike.
Thanks for your opinion. Although many people get get a cheap bike but such bikes damages in a few days. One of my brother's friends bought a cheap bike but after 4 months he has repaired his bike.

OP
OP
H

helen883

Free Member
May 6, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I would say you can not get a good small scooter anymore, more and more chinese imports are flooding the market which are unsafe, these bikes don't pass their first MOT
even the big brands are buying them in and rebranding them as their own because they can't compete
Thanks duane0001.You have focused me on a good point. You are absolutely right. :thumb:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Honda Dylan125

Hi,I bought a low mileage version of the above 3 years ago for the trips to Spain and Portugal and it has been superb.
Although Honda branded these scooters were made in Italy,larger tyres so good stability,will achieve 110 kph solo(70)mph and 60mph with passenger.That means that venturing further was no problem and with good storage for shopping trips.
It is marginally heavier than some other scooters at about 110kgs?
Very economical so maybe worth a look at a good secondhand one especially if it will be your first.I think the staying is quite "modern" although mine is a 2004 model.
Also very useful for short trips locally from home,hope this helps.:Smile:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
I am in the process of buying a Honda S Wing. A lot more expensive than most but heavier with a much sturdier & safer ride. Also has anti-lock braking

Because of the extra weight (158kg) not really suitable for carrying on the back of M/H

Attachments

• s wing.jpg
    s wing.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 30

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back