Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Hi folks

does anybody use a sattellite finder that tells you the name of the sattellite you have found as well as signal strength ect. looking at different types. anyone had any experiance of these. thanks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i use one of these, its a manhattan sat meter, you select the satellite by name you want from your loaded sats and it will give you strength and tell you when you are locked on.
you can input different satellites, i just have the main ones im interested in.

never had a problem getting a signal YET!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• $T2eC16RHJG!E9nm3qWDNBROI)fbL5Q~~60_1.JPG
    $T2eC16RHJG!E9nm3qWDNBROI)fbL5Q~~60_1.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 30
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ps if you have the battery pack then you can set a dish up to a satellite without being connected to any receiver, ideal if your away from the van or on the roof:Eeek:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. No but this one works the other way round. You tell it which satellite you are looking for and then it tells you which way to turn the dish untill you find it. Not cheap. Link Removed

I must have been typing at the same time as Phil D, same unit.

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I use an app on my Andriod phone shows you where the satellite is and the elevation you need to set your dish to, I can set my dish up in a very short time.
Never seen one that tells you the name of the satellite you are tuned to. Although there is an app that shows you a picture of which satellite you are pointing at.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi. No but this one works the other way round. You tell it which satellite you are looking for and then it tells you which way to turn the dish untill you find it. Not cheap. Link Removed

I must have been typing at the same time as Phil D, same unit.

Mmm!!!!! my sat dish cost less than £20 with a quad LNB and the Zhenda receivers was £85.

not a cat in hells chance am i going to pay £155 for a sat finder like that when my cheap one does an adequate impression of that one.
usually takes less than five minutes from start to sit and watch.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Got an app on my iphone which shows the satellite and direction, it appears to show most satellites not used it in action yet. App is called Easy Sat.

David

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I just peak the signal, the sat box tells me what sat it is, I then correct the heading to the sat I want, easier than it sounds, never failed yet.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Being new to satellite (we still don't have it in the house) I made the mistake of forking out £20+ for one of those horrible little screeching Maxview sat-finder boxes with the row of LEDs on the side. Totally useless waste of money given that my tuner shows me signal strength and quality on the TV set anyway.

PS: Don't tell anyone when I list it on eBay - maybe some caravanner will go for it...

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Being new to satellite (we still don't have it in the house) I made the mistake of forking out £20+ for one of those horrible little screeching Maxview sat-finder boxes with the row of LEDs on the side. Totally useless waste of money given that my tuner shows me signal strength and quality on the TV set anyway.

PS: Don't tell anyone when I list it on eBay - maybe some caravanner will go for it...

The problem is that not everyone has the TV screen in sight of the place you stand when twiddling the dish. Relying on another person who has 5 second delay in telling you the value and will wander off bored after 30 seconds anyway is not so good.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Isn't it a great feeling though when a picture finally appears:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun