Trikes on peages (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Does anyone know if trikes can use the "free motorcycle lanes" at the toll stations on peages? Also, are these free lanes on all peages or just selected ones?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Does anyone know if trikes can use the "free motorcycle lanes" at the toll stations on peages? Also, are these free lanes on all peages or just selected ones?

They might be French but I think Frankie will confirm counting to 3 is quite commonplace.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Bikes have been charged for on peages for a long time, it is pain keep taking gloves off to pay, sometimes a little as 15 cents.. There are some bridges, Pont Du Normandie is one, where you go free, but I doubt a trike wouuld fit through the gap. I have never been charged extra for towing a trailer, there cannot be enough of us doing it although single wheel trailers are becoming popular with French sports bike riders

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Think it would soon be a Unicycle on Pont Du Normandie if you tried to squeeze through!All the French solos roar through but when I had a Wing I backed off a bit:Eeek:
The only time I have seen them free for bikers is close to the circuits when a GP or 24 hr race is on,just to stop the chaos of thousands of bikers struggling to get gloves off!,I do have a dongle but tend not to use it on the bike as it confuses my Versys with a car and charges full rate:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Think it would soon be a Unicycle on Pont Du Normandie if you tried to squeeze through!All the French solos roar through but when I had a Wing I backed off a bit:Eeek:
The only time I have seen them free for bikers is close to the circuits when a GP or 24 hr race is on,just to stop the chaos of thousands of bikers struggling to get gloves off!,I do have a dongle but tend not to use it on the bike as it confuses my Versys with a car and charges full rate:Blush:

I have got my Glide and trailer through, bit of a sqeeze. Am I right that when the Bol D'Or is on the peages are free for bikes all the way across France to the event.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Glide,that always used to be the case,there have been a lot of changes recently so will talk to my French bike club mates and see what I can find out and report back.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back