Swift/Autocruise Motorhomes/PVCs - Habitation Servicing (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This thread is intended to give some useful INFORMATION to Swift/Autocruise motorhome/PVC owners - NOT for people to have a slanging match about the manufacturer!!! ::bigsmile:

I've been sorting out where to get our habitation service done when we get back off holiday which has been confusing as the handbook says the work must be done by a Swift Approved Workshop, but their website for our particular van (2012) says:

1. You must ensure that the habitation part of your motorhome has an Annual Service (see clause 2 below) within 90 days before or 60 days after each anniversary of the original date of purchase. In order to preserve your SuperSure and Body Shell Warranties the third Annual Service must, however, be carried out before the expiry of the 36 month period from the original date of purchase. If you have not performed an Annual Service then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under the applicable warranty . Original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that Annual Service have been carried out.

2. The Annual Service on the body shell and habitation area must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in this handbook. You will be responsible for any charges made for an Annual Service. If the Annual Service is performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre then Swift warrants that the Annual Service has been performed correctly. If the Annual Service is performed by an unauthorised repairer or service centre then if the Annual Service has not been performed in accordance with the requirements in this handbook and/or work has been performed on your motorhome that is defective or faulty, then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under this Warranty (insofar as it relates to defective or faulty work or defective Annual Service).

There are a couple of local NCC approved service workshops but NOT a Swift Group Service Centre. One of the NCC approved ones is a mobile workshop chap but he's not VAT registered (£80 for a full habitation and damp check), or FM Caravans who are VAT registered (£120 inc VAT for full habitation and damp check).

So I contacted Swift for clarification as to EXACTLY what I should do to comply with the warranty conditions and was told that, as there aren't many Swift Group Service Centres, and a dearth of them in this area in particular, they are now accepting habitation servicing carried out to their 'requirements' by service centres who are NOT Swift ones but who ARE NCC approved.

Unfortunately though as the mobile chap isn't VAT registered I was advised not to use him but to go to FM Caravans who Swift often recommend anyway. We have used FM in the past when we had to have work done on a previous van and they did a fantastic job so I don't have any qualms about going there.

So, contrary to what the handbook says, Swift will definitely accept habitation servicing carried out (to their standard) by NCC approved workshops so this should make it much easier for people to get it done without having to trek to a Swift Group approved one and, more than likely, make it a lot cheaper too! :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This thread is intended to give some useful INFORMATION to Swift/Autocruise motorhome/PVC owners - NOT for people to have a slanging match about the manufacturer!!! ::bigsmile:

I've been sorting out where to get our habitation service done when we get back off holiday which has been confusing as the handbook says the work must be done by a Swift Approved Workshop, but their website for our particular van (2012) says:

There are a couple of local NCC approved service workshops but NOT a Swift Group Service Centre. One of the NCC approved ones is a mobile workshop chap but he's not VAT registered (£80 for a full habitation and damp check), or FM Caravans who are VAT registered (£120 inc VAT for full habitation and damp check).

So I contacted Swift for clarification as to EXACTLY what I should do to comply with the warranty conditions and was told that, as there aren't many Swift Group Service Centres, and a dearth of them in this area in particular, they are now accepting habitation servicing carried out to their 'requirements' by service centres who are NOT Swift ones but who ARE NCC approved.

Unfortunately though as the mobile chap isn't VAT registered I was advised not to use him but to go to FM Caravans who Swift often recommend anyway. We have used FM in the past when we had to have work done on a previous van and they did a fantastic job so I don't have any qualms about going there.

So, contrary to what the handbook says, Swift will definitely accept habitation servicing carried out (to their standard) by NCC approved workshops so this should make it much easier for people to get it done without having to trek to a Swift Group approved one and, more than likely, make it a lot cheaper too! :thumb:

Did you get it all in writing? IF I was you I would ask them to confirm it in writing :thumb: Things can change when they have to confirm what they have said :winky:
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back