Not suitable for wild camping (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
While trawling through my Hobby handbook checking out axle loadings, I discovered that two other Hobby models - the D615AK and the D690 (3500kg chassis) - are legally obliged to drive with no more than 10 litres of water in the fresh water tank. Before driving off, an overflow valve has to be opened, dumping most of the water. :Eeek:

Has anyone else come across this with any other vans?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
When we collected our 3850Kg Chausson, it was fitted with an overflow pipe to limit the water tank capacity. It would only allow a 50% fill. I have blocked this to allow a full tank. The overflow had a spare push-fit cap which I guess was there to use once on site to allow a full tank.

This was because, as we discovered, the van was built to 3500Kg spec and we had to get another plate sent over from Chausson!:Angry:

Not a good PDI from the dealer!

There are some other vans out there with pitiful payloads and small tanks to compensate!:whatthe:

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
When we collected our 3850Kg Chausson, it was fitted with an overflow pipe to limit the water tank capacity. It would only allow a 50% fill. I have blocked this to allow a full tank. The overflow had a spare push-fit cap which I guess was there to use once on site to allow a full tank.

[HI]This was because, as we discovered, the van was built to 3500Kg spec and we had to get another plate sent over from Chausson!:Angry:[/HI]

Not a good PDI from the dealer!

There are some other vans out there with pitiful payloads and small tanks to compensate!:whatthe:

Hi Jon

ours is the same - but on a fiat base, max 3850 but down plated to 3500 for the euro market. Been looking at putting it back up to the available weight and was looking at doing it myself or going down the route of paying out £250+ to have a company do it...

So....how hard was it to get the plate out of chausson

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It took the dealer about 2 weeks to get once we threatened rejecting the vehicle under consumer law!:thumb:

Ours was sold and registered as 3850Kg, even though it contradicted the plate!

Without that, who knows how long it would have taken!:Angry:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Jon

ours is the same - but on a fiat base, max 3850 but down plated to 3500 for the euro market. Been looking at putting it back up to the available weight and was looking at doing it myself or going down the route of paying out £250+ to have a company do it...

So....how hard was it to get the plate out of chausson

Simply put, it ain't worth it.

It's far better to talk to SV tech and get them to do it for you. Not saying it can't be done by yourself, but when I tried, I kept running in to brick walls, so spoke to SV tech, job done, get ya cheque book out :thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Simply put, it ain't worth it.

It's far better to talk to SV tech and get them to do it for you. Not saying it can't be done by yourself, but when I tried, I kept running in to brick walls, so spoke to SV tech, job done, get ya cheque book out :thumb:

yeah - probably!!

I was going to have a go myself only because I go to dvla in Swansea every now and then for work...so could cut through a lot of the hassle most folks get

Only want the extra so we can take the bikes with us and still be fully loaded with water etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
yeah - probably!!

I was going to have a go myself only because I go to dvla in Swansea every now and then for work...so could cut through a lot of the hassle most folks get

Only want the extra so we can take the bikes with us and still be fully loaded with water etc

And the cheaper tax?::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
yeah - probably!!

Buy a proper bloody van ye cheapskate:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you're never gonna carry enuff beer for the music festival.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back