What Came First, The Motorhome or The Dog (1 Viewer)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Sitting in the warm sunshine that's streaming through the windows and chatting in general, when SWMBO came up with a reasonable question (see there's a first time for everything........now I'm in trouble) about motorhomes and pet dogs ::bigsmile:

The question was this: I wonder if people brought their motorhomes so that they can holiday with the dog, or did they get their dogs after buying the motorhome.......so which came first, The Motorhome or The Dog? :thumb::thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
had dogs for several years even when in the Army. but had a caravan before the dog.

then a motorhome and a dog:Doh:

would never leave him at home. unless absolutely necessary and then it would be with a friend who has a dog:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I haven't got a dog but I will when I retire:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I haven't got a dog but I will when I retire:thumb:

Same here, living in the mess means no dog until I retire ::bigsmile:

Dont want to wish my life away...but.....Roll on retirement :thumb::thumb::thumb:

S

sunnyside

Deleted User
love me love my dog !

::bigsmile:
Sitting in the warm sunshine that's streaming through the windows and chatting in general, when SWMBO came up with a reasonable question (see there's a first time for everything........now I'm in trouble) about motorhomes and pet dogs ::bigsmile:

The question was this: I wonder if people brought their motorhomes so that they can holiday with the dog, or did they get their dogs after buying the motorhome.......so which came first, The Motorhome or The Dog? :thumb::thumb:
When I first met Salopian , I had a small dog :RollEyes: , We can't keep her out of the Motorhome she loves it..:Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
::bigsmile:
When I first met Salopian , I had a small dog :RollEyes: , We can't keep her out of the Motorhome she loves it..:Smile:

ours sits between the cab seats whenever we are in and out of the motorhome , even if we are just sorting a few bits or washing it. loves it. is really good while travelling. seem to know by our body language when were off:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We had a motorhome, Fell in love with a Newfoundland dog owned by another funster at a meet, was smitten, waited for about a year, done loads of research and now we have a big motorhome and an even bigger dog :roflmto:

Wouldn't be without her now. :thumb:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

We got the RV first. Then the kids decided to become homeschooled. Then we realised we could have a dog, having always assumed we never could.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I was brought up with two dobermans (Fritz & Heidi) who went everywhere with us in the car but since they have both passed away now I have never owned a dog and amazing as it it seems I am very weary of dogs now and tend to cross the street when I see one, the closest I came to one was at Peterborough when I saw Haganaps dog which I thought was a beauty but was still a bit unsure:Doh:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Motorhome pur chased because we

Couldn't put the dogs in prison :Eeek:

While we was on holiday

:ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb:

SWMBO's answer to your comment.....see I told you so and I'd do the same.....got to love em, the women that is as the dogs are without question :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We had a motorhome, Fell in love with a Newfoundland dog owned by another funster at a meet, was smitten, waited for about a year, done loads of research and now we have a big motorhome and an even bigger dog :roflmto:

Wouldn't be without her now. :thumb:

I'm with you there as my last 3 dogs, pre living in the mess days, were 2 Newfies and one St Bernard, but none at the same time :Doh:

I did have a friend with 3 Irish Wolf Hounds and when we managed to get all 4 in the back of their Volvo estate, we reckoned on about 38 extra stone in the back!!! :thumb:
:thumb:

Always wanted a chocolate Newfie, as mine were both jet black, but reakon you'd need a full coach sized RV to accommodate such a lardy butt with you (and yes I'm talking about the doggy again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
It's a true fact that a dog is the only thing that'll ever love you more than it does itself...:thumb:

It's pouring down with rain outside, SWMBO is at the front door banging and calling to come in and the dog is at the back barking......which one do we let in first?? :whatthe:

The dog as it'll shut up straight away and still be pleased to see you :thumb::thumb:

Think it's the sofa again tonight, but we don't really mind as its a bit like camping anyway :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
It's a true fact that a dog is the only thing that'll ever love you more than it does itself...:thumb:

It's pouring down with rain outside, SWMBO is at the front door banging and calling to come in and the dog is at the back barking......which one do we let in first?? :whatthe:

The dog as it'll shut up straight away and still be pleased to see you :thumb::thumb:

Think it's the sofa again tonight, but we don't really mind as its a bit like camping anyway :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Put yer misses and a dog in the boot of a car

Shut the lid drive up a lane

Stop open the boot

Which will sloberdobobobob over you

And which will give you a slap

I think you know the answer to that

And ladies swop it round and put the old man in the boot

I'm sure the dog would be the one that gave you sloppy kiss

:thumb::thumb::thumb:s

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Dogs came first, many years ago, they have got smaller over the years though! Used to work in the travel industry and got sick of the sight of airports, so then came the motorhome. It wouldn't bother me if I never flew again. Current dog (a border terrier) is the perfect size for moterhome and for cuddling on th sofa!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Susie my yorkie was with me before Tez and the MH, bought MH so we could take Susie away with us, didn't like leaving her in kennels, sadly Susie now gone to the rainbow bridge waiting for me.
Still in MH fulfilling now travelling lots aching for another loving companion, besides Tez that is :)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We had the dog before the motorhome. He really loves it, so much so that every neighbour knows when we are off, as soon as I pick up the keys (no probs with the car keys by the way) he kicks off - barking, yelping, running round in circles, standing by the gate and the new one he has just come out with,,,,,,,

He picks up his bed and takes it to the gate :ROFLMAO:

We would go nowhere without him - we see it as his break too.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I used to have dogs, but when the time came, it hurt so much, i decided no more, that was in the 90s.
Some dogs i like, some are nothing more than a pest, and some I wouldn't give house room to.
My dad has always had dogs, and his last one, was a German shepherd that used to keep him company, and threaten anyone who went near him, us included. My son said it was like a 'front rucksack', it used to jump on us with its front paws on our shoulders, and his rear legs around our waists, whilst showing us his latest dental treatment. Bloody thing!
And, what people see in these brown mouthed, trembling, 'dish mops' that are the size of a Cornish pasty, with legs resembling clothes pegs, and with the texture of the coarsest wire wool, is beyond me. Not for me anymore.

Craig

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We had the motorhome then kids then one of them brought home a Shi Tzu as a rescue from someone she worked with,he loves the motorhome now. He still can't come to terms with seeing sheep and cattle when we take him for walks,on a lead!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back