Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Just come across this model of Burstner in our endless search for a compact but convenient MH.

http://youtu.be/-RhdcCoGeSQ

I remember many years ago :Eeek: when the MH show was at Earls Court I looked at a Burstner which if I remember was their first year manufacturing Motorhomes

This looks on the face of it to be ideal for us or indeed the slightly larger it590 which has a seperate shower. There is only Cathy, Alexander and I and we don't have a problem making up one of the beds each night after our neighbours who have been doing the same for 23 years (in the same MH they bought from new ) gave us some time saving tips.

We like the idea that this it is under 6m which must make it a very easy MH to run around in. Bit different to the RV which was 9.7m :whatthe:

This also has a 720 kg payload and 120l fresh water tank.

Hopefully getting closer although need to find a secondhand one with hopefully an auto box as Cathy doesn't drive a manual - Fingers crossed:thumb:
Cheers
G

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
What a cracking MH - that dropdown is a good use of space, though does put the word 'compact' into perspective.. as usual, Burstner's really pack a punch and does use just about every inch - well designed.

Never seen an auto though.

Go for it......

Good luck,

Trikeman. :winky:

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
When I first showed it to Cathy her reaction was how can they do all that in such a small space? but they do. She particularly likes the size of the kitchen:Smile:

Seemingly from the Burstner website auto is an option but finding one might well be the tricky bit

Cheers
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just come across this model of Burstner in our endless search for a compact but convenient MH.
G

Can't work the beds out. The drop down bed squashes the other two berths below it. Also, even with just 2, one can't go to bed early without squashing the other person.

Otherwise looks good.

But not as good as our 10 YO one, they put the oven on the work surface which frees a huge volume for storage. Same oven and cooker as ours.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We looked at one of these.............very nice indeed (but very expensive new). The bed is quite an engineering triumph however it does limit the head room of those below and is a fair climb up the ladder to bed.

The 'lounge area' is also a good size but the small seat behind the driver does get in the way a bit. The seatback cushions also have to be removed from the wall in order to lower the bed. The other thing we noticed is not a lot of room for pillows and duvet when the bed is 'up' in the roof.

The end kitchen is really nice and roomy and so is the toilet/shower room.

For us the REAL drawback is that this particular van has very little storage (no garage) and we would quickly run out of space to store all our kit.

It is a lovely van but in the end we decided that a panel van conversion gave us more of what we want from a motorhome (and about £15000 saved in our bank too !).

It is a personal choice, I woud just say think very carefully about how much space you need for all your gear.

(lastly, our panel van is narrower too, so even easier to drive and park :Smile:)

Either way, good luck and have have fun with deciding ::bigsmile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Dont forget the auto was only if you had the 3.0lt.

They only brought the auto option on smaller engine late 2011 maybe 2012 in the UK.

Cant see there being a lot with the big engine.

But you never know best of luck.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Can't work the beds out. The drop down bed squashes the other two berths below it. Also, even with just 2, one can't go to bed early without squashing the other person.

Otherwise looks good.

I know what you mean and something we need to checking out I.e. the height for those underneath when the bed is down but I get the impression no different to bunk beds and as one is junior might be ok.

Interestingly in researching these Chausson have a similar van that the bed has three heights the upper being high enough to allow seating underneath. Not sure how practical that is depends on the height of the domed roof I guess.

All part of the fun of searching :Smile:

Cheers
G

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
We looked at one of these.............very nice indeed (but very expensive new). The bed is quite an engineering triumph however it does limit the head room of those below and is a fair climb up the ladder to bed.

The 'lounge area' is also a good size but the small seat behind the driver does get in the way a bit. The seatback cushions also have to be removed from the wall in order to lower the bed. The other thing we noticed is not a lot of room for pillows and duvet when the bed is 'up' in the roof.

The end kitchen is really nice and roomy and so is the toilet/shower room.

For us the REAL drawback is that this particular van has very little storage (no garage) and we would quickly run out of space to store all our kit.

It is a lovely van but in the end we decided that a panel van conversion gave us more of what we want from a motorhome (and about £15000 saved in our bank too !).

It is a personal choice, I woud just say think very carefully about how much space you need for all your gear.

(lastly, our panel van is narrower too, so even easier to drive and park :Smile:)

Either way, good luck and have have fun with deciding ::bigsmile:

Thanks for the heads up:thumb:

We really need to get this one right.

From the point of view of kit we don't really have that much now. When we had the Elnagh Baron 46 it had a garage and we just filled it with everything we didn't need :Eeek:

Then with the RV there was a dramatic reduction in what we carried as it didn't have as much storage and quite a bit less payload the Elnagh had close on 1000 kg the RV only 600kg so we needed trimming down dramatically and a fair bit of that was carrying an RV spares shop around with us:whatthe: so hopefully and we will see we might be ok but thank you for your point on van conversions something we must check out.

Cheers:thumb:
G

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back