Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I am thinking or uprating my interior lights in my Bolero to LED lights but don't like the harsh white light they give off, so have not done anything, but today I learnt of "warm white" LED bulbs which give off a much softer light, anyone know where the best place for me to buy some of these please.?

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I am thinking or uprating my interior lights in my Bolero to LED lights but don't like the harsh white light they give off, so have not done anything, but today I learnt of "warm white" LED bulbs which give off a much softer light, anyone know where the best place for me to buy some of these please.?

If you hang on a couple of days I can let you know. We have 20 LED warm white bulbs winging their way from America for £5!! ::bigsmile:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
I replaced the halogen bulbs with 'warm white' LEDs and would say that whilst they are not as harsh a white light as the bright white variety, they are by no means dim. Easily as bright as the halogen bulbs they replaced and plenty adequate.

As others have said, plenty on ebay, though I got mine from a vendor at Newark, and a few more at Peterborough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
just changed on of my halogen bulbs which seems to be a 10watt with a 2 pin push in end, do I need to change the holder or can you buy standard led bulbs that will just push in, sorry I'm not technical when it comes to electrics

ta

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
You need to know the reference for the terminal arrangement of your existing lamp(s). It should be stamped on the outside of the reflector glass; eg M11. Any lamp, of the same diameter, with that ref. will fit your light fittings.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Only difference to look at is the quality. Try and go for hyper brites as they are better quality (but more expensive) as they are grown on sapphire. Force grown ons seem not to last as long.....and get a driver for them! They will run direct, but won't last too long.

edgarh

Free Member
Apr 22, 2013
bradford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1990
Just changed my interior lights to 'warm' leds. Same amount of light as before and don't look harsh. I put a pure white led in the awning light - glad I didn't use them inside - very bright. Like others have said, ebay is the place to go. good luck.

regards :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back