Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
when I go to put the fridge on with gas the little orange light keeps flicking is this normal steve

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you meen the light in the switch , my old van did that but i just switched it off and the fridge worked fine

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Is the gas tap for the fridge turned on ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
To ignite the fridge on gas, you need to flick the orange swith to 1 and hold the gas button in till the orange flickering light stays on, you then know it is lit, hope this helps

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when I go to put the fridge on with gas the little orange light keeps flicking is this normal steve
in my experience the flashing light indicates the gas is trying to light automatically but cant due to lack of gas.

once the gas is lit the flash will become solid orange....it could take some time for gas to come through to the burner though..

as posted...is the gas turned on at the bottle and the manifold.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
as i said ours used to keep flashing even though you could see it was lit through the little window in the back, and switching off the flashing light did not switch off the fridge

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
The orange switch should only flash whilst the fridge is trying to ignite, once lit the light should go out, BUT if the flame should go out for any reason the fridge should try to re light itself automatically ie the light will start to flash again until the fridge lights, for this reason the switch should be left in the on position.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
I'm worried now my fridge dosnt have a yellow light. Am I missing out?

depends on the fridge model the yellow / orange switch was on the Electrolux / Dometic fridges with electronic ignition, but they also made various models with peizo ignitions, infact some of the very early models had a twisting device that worked using flints like an old cigarette lighter.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
The fridge in a Molbilvetta I had in 96-,when the gas was lit and working,the orange light used to go from it's usual click,click,flash,flash to more of a blip,blip. In fact my friend still has that van and it still does it,17 yrs later!!! So if that sounds like what you are talking about then I would'nt worry.In was told by a gas firm that serviced the fridge that it was a fault on the electric circuit board but as the fridge works that it's nothing to worry about.

Love Bruce

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
To get mine to light on gas I usually have to turn the stove on for a minute to drag the gas through, especially if its been turned off at the mains for a while. It should be a solid orange when lit.
Hope that helps.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Usually caused by damp in the ignition block/grime in jet - this is more prevalent in rear kitchen models where road grime/rain can get in via the rear vents. Clean and dry with duster can and the problem should cease. You can get some vent covers for travelling to reduce the risk of it happening again.

OP
OP
S

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
Can you can tell us what the problem was, then if someone has the same issue and searches the forum they can quickly resolve. :thumb:
yes I turned the knob the wrong way that's why the ignite kept flickering and not igniting you learn something every day steve:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back