Free Member
Apr 24, 2013
Cottage Grove
Funster No
MH
1979 Winnebago Brave
Exp
Since 1990
My name is Ellen and I thought it would be fun to join you Brits to make some new friends. My great-great-grandparents came to Oregon (USA) in the early 1800's from the UK and I still keep my maiden name of Easton. I won't ever be able to come to the UK, but I do love motorhome living and thought that would give me some footing for making new friends there via the internet. We've traced our Easton family tree back to Peasmarsh in the 1600's. Anyone from around there?

I'm looking forward to just making new friends no matter where from as well.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Peasmarsh - in which county? There are a few dotted about.

Peasmarsh in Surrey is very close to where I grew up, but it's a very small place

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
:welcome: American Granny.
Have a look at the sister site RVOC (RV owners club) specifically for the RV owners. Not as many people on there but just as friendly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi AG...
Hope you manage to find what you are looking for, and yes you have come across a good forum for friendly [STRIKE]Brits[/STRIKE] opps sorry Frankie I mean Europeans! (The lovely Frankie is from France):france:
and I'm sure someone will come along and correct me as to the expanse of which we cover!

so welcome funster from across the pond :flyingwelcome:

Andrea, Jeff
Chip & Bobbie

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Wellcome Ellen

Nice to hear from you Ellen it is all about getting stuck in and have a chin wag there certainly is no shortage of topics it is a bit more difficult being so far away but I suppose the amount of members that actually meet up is small in comparison to the membership I do not know the town or village but it's nice to know where your roots were if I'm down that way I may call in to have a look you could use Google maps to have a look round if you have not already done so:thumb:.

The good thing is you can tour many places through pictures and accounts people submit so enjoy and the rest will come naturally.

Albert

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hullo friend

Hi Ellen,

Welcome to the Fun..... who knows, if your family were in the Peasmarsh area in the 1600's, they could have been there since the battle of Hastings!! (but which side would they have been on?)

:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Ellen,

Welcome to the Fun..... who knows, if your family were in the Peasmarsh area in the 1600's, they could have been there since the battle of Hastings!! (but which side would they have been on?)

:thumb:

The winning side what else :thumb:
Welcome to Fun Grany Ellen::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi, Ellen's welcome to. The fun. I have Easton in laws, cousins etc from Portsmouth in Hampshire, most now dead or moved away. Good luck with your search. Where are you based.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welcomefunster: Hi Ellen, good to have you join us, lots of different topic's going on and good to have some stories of your travels in the USA.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome Ellen although you might not make it to the UK a few fun members come to the USA, we are planning to do a road trip in the USA in the next year or so as our last big family holiday before our daughter leaves home for uni. So I'm sure your knowledge will help us and many more.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I think AmericanGranny might have gone her merry way, unfortunately:

Broken Link Removed

It's worth chasing this tread before anymore welcomes, as we believe she's already departed from the site.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Like PP says American Granny seems to have taken offense by a completely unrelated post which I am sure was not made to upset anyone. Just shows how things can be misinterpreted

American Grannys last post. not been on line since.

My goodness! I just joined but maybe I shouldn't have. Americanisms? I'm American, but I didn't realize there were problems with that.

I'll be going my merry way then. It was nice exploring...

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Gosh if all it took was that to upset her, she wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with some of the too and froing banter that goes on sometimes .:ROFLMAO:
I honestly thought she posted that , tongue in cheek. Obviously not:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back