What's the best way to keep your motorhome cool inside without air con? (1 Viewer)

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Just in case we ever have a summer :ROFLMAO::Cool:
What's the best way of keeping the inside cool?
All top tips welcome. I don't have air con.
Thanks Funsters :thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Very unlikely to happen in uk for more than a week. Dont worry.::bigsmile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Just dont use the motorhome on that day:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Just in case we ever have a summer :ROFLMAO::Cool:
What's the best way of keeping the inside cool?
All top tips welcome. I don't have air con.
Thanks Funsters :thumb:

I usually sit outside and let mrs t fume inside

Or when it's to sunny to be out

We open the windows and f-rt flap :Eeek:

(Tiny door at the back used to climb through when parked at home) Link Removed

Link Removed

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
lots of opening windows high up on the side walls and smallish .
also dont have an ally roof or a steel one . fibreglass is better at stopping the heat coming through . clear fibre roof with white insulation gives a real ideal situation . the windows high up seem to chimney the heat away far better than roof vents . roof vents can increase the temperature as they seem to magnify the suns rays .
works for mine anyway.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as Alan said...open roof windows & the door and if you have an awning then open that too.

if there is no wind/breeze then the air in the awning will be slightly cooler than in direct sun and the hot/warm air leaving via the roof windows will draw in the cooler awning air.

open containers (washing up bowl etc.) of cold water, with a small fan blowing over them, will also cool the interior

either way you may only see a couple of degrees cooler indoors....but it is cooler. :thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Get up in the hills if in southern Europe and try to find a shaded pitch. If that fails, try one or all of the following.
Silverscreen on the windscreen to insulate it; open windows / roof vents if there is some breeze (and provided the outside temperature isn't hotter than inside); run a small fan inside - we have a cheap oscillating desk fan that draws about 30W and run it from an inverter.

p.s. I forgot to add - I made some silver screens for the vertical top-hinged windows in the hab area. Padded, quilted insulation on a roll from Homebase, duck-taped around the edges and with elasticated corner straps fastened with velcro to keep them in place. In summer they fit on the outside of the open window to provide shade and in really cold weather can be fitted between the window and the remis concertina blind for extra insulation.

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
If you've got the normal top hinged side windows then draping a white towel or sheet over the plastic window when it's open will stop (some of) the sun coming in and heating the inside.

Opening the window and then pulling up the blind to stop the sun blocks the window up again :-(

But draping and securing a towel seems to do the trick and leave the hole in the window open ::bigsmile:

(plus the normal open upper most and lower most windows to get the air moving as previously mentioned)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back