LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Has anyone seen 'hide nor hare' of these people. I ordered a double skillet off their website sometime ago and have not heard anything since. I have emailed three times and left several messages on their answer service. Went to ring them again today only to find they have removed their contact number and the line is dead. Really really want a double skillet but they are terrible at communicating with their customers. :Angry:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We bought one last weekend at the Peterboro' show .... I understand there is only one lady now and that she is stopping shows to concentrate on internet sales but still in business.

The address given on the leaflet enclosed with the skillet ;
D&F Promotions, Greenways Farm, Flaxlands, Carleton Rode, Norfolk, NR16 1AD

"www.doubleskillet.com" is the web address given but I have tried it and it seems a bit dated and has a different address in Kent.

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I spoke to her at the Peterborough show as Nikki and I bought one for Carol(carol&Eddie). Peterborough is the last show she is doing, she said she is retiring. She used to have a lady with her who passed away.

However, she did say that she would continue to offer her product online.

What I do know is this. It's a great product, and it needs to be, I've never found her anything less than Rude to say the least. :RollEyes:

Wish I would of asked her about taking it over, she is always selling. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I gather that the Double skillet lady has recently lost her partner
but is continuing business on her own.
She was at the Peterborough show and
says she is under great pressure of work
but the product is well worth waiting for.
Sheila has two, one for home and another for the m-home.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I gather that the Double skillet lady has recently lost her partner
but is continuing business on her own.
She was at the Peterborough show and
says she is under great pressure of work
but the product is well worth waiting for.
Sheila has two, one for home and another for the m-home.::bigsmile:

I wish now that I had asked you to get me one while you were at Perterborough. I did think about it but then thought of something else a nano second later and forgot all about it.:Doh:

Paul I had also thought this would be a good business to take over, especially as I like cooking. Food for thought :ROFLMAO:

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Their internet business is currently useless. Waited from November to March with no communication from them. Maybe because of the bereavement. Lost patience but its burnt my bridges by having a go! May have to eat humble pie and reorder. Would be good to know whom the supplier is!!

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
They must have the rights to the design I would think. No amount of internet searching brings them up anywhere else.
I don't mind waiting as long as I know I am waiting for something. A single email or a returned call to put my mind at rest is all that's needed to keep customers happy.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Has anyone seen 'hide nor hare' of these people. I ordered a double skillet off their website sometime ago and have not heard anything since. I have emailed three times and left several messages on their answer service. Went to ring them again today only to find they have removed their contact number and the line is dead. Really really want a double skillet but they are terrible at communicating with their customers. :Angry:
I ordered one in March. I received an email saying that there would be a two week delay (annoying because we were going away at the end of March and wanted to try it out in the motorhome). Got back to find no delivery (money had been taken though). No reply to my first email but when I threatened to give bad publicity on this site :thumb:, I got an email saying that the money would be refunded AND they would send a free replacement:Eeek:.

Money has now been refunded but (three weeks later) no sign of the freebie. I have emailed again but had no reply.

Shame cos we wanted one as well but I am not going to go through that again.

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie

I'm probably being a bit dim but can't see who you ordered from. Was it Frances Foulds of orders@doubleskillet.com? If so I have also ordered one. This does not bode well!:whatthe:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I had a chat to the lady at the Peterborough show and she said that she only intends to do 2 shows now, the National at Peterborough and the Western one at Malvern. I would imagine she's had a lot to deal with and as she's a 'one woman band' now obviously things will go awry occasionally.

I came across this on ebay:

Link Removed

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I'm probably being a bit dim but can't see who you ordered from. Was it Frances Foulds of orders@doubleskillet.com? If so I have also ordered one. This does not bode well!:whatthe:

Yep that's the one. We just need a little communication to let us know what to expect. I might contact PayPal on Monday to see if there is a way of getting my money back.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I wonder who had the foresight to buy an extra one at Peterborough even though not needed just yet? :whistle::thumb::clap:

Me Me :wooo::whistle::imoutahere:Got Mrs Hagnap to get one :Smile: but what a business opportunity for some one, if I was 20 years younger I would be in like a flash :thumb:

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
double skillet

I found mine in v. good condition on ebay for half price complete with diffuser. Worth watching out for.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We ordered a large double skillet and diffuser about a month ago from their website and they arrived in less than two weeks.. No problems at all

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
We ordered a large double skillet and diffuser about a month ago from their website and they arrived in less than two weeks.. No problems at all

Good to hear there is some hope then. They're not cheap and I'm not prepared to write of that amount of cash. I have read on other forums that the service is always slow and it's not unheard of for orders never to arrive. It also seems that anyone who has pursued their missing skillet or their money has been met with extraordinary rudeness. Emails are apparently always ignored. I must say,I'm surprised she's still in business. I have sent a very 'polite' enquiry by email but don't hold out much hope. PayPal states any disputes must be addressed within 45 days of purchase. Hopefully my new toy will have arrived by then but I'll put a note in the diary, just the same.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
PayPal states any disputes must be addressed within 45 days of purchase. Hopefully my new toy will have arrived by then but I'll put a note in the diary, just the same.

Good idea, I have just done the same. We need to form a syndicate and buy this business of her. I would love to run a small business like this, get that website up todate and put recipies on there to entice people to buy.

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good idea, I have just done the same. We need to form a syndicate and buy this business of her. I would love to run a small business like this, get that website up todate and put recipies on there to entice people to buy.

If we had a syndicate, we could all cover our own areas simultaneously.:thumb:

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
in my surfing yesterday I did find a likely wholesaler of likely looking pans in China- I emailed them but the are wholesalers- 1000 order wanted!! So they are available
but buying out the business would give the current supplier wouldnt it?

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
I saw in another thread addressing the missing skillet mystery that a fellow funster, Currynutter advised patience, saying he had known Fran, the skillet lady for 30 years and that she is an honourable sort. I hope he didn't mind too much but I asked him if he knew the present telephone number. I don't think it should be a problem as it is a business number we need and not a private one. Anyway, if I get anywhere I'll let you know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back