Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Have just switched on my trauma water heater and have succesfully managed to get hot water at normal pressure in the kitchen sink.
However the hot water supply to the bathroom is barely a trickle and is not as hot as the water at the kitchen tap. Also there is no hot water from the shower tap although the pressure is high.
Can someone suggest where I might look to solve the problem.

Norman

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
1st use since winter storage?

Norman
Is it the first time you have used it since the frosty weather?
Mike:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Got to be a blocked /kinked pipe
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Have just switched on my trauma water heater and have succesfully managed to get hot water at normal pressure in the kitchen sink.
However the hot water supply to the bathroom is barely a trickle and is not as hot as the water at the kitchen tap. Also there is no hot water from the shower tap although the pressure is high.
Can someone suggest where I might look to solve the problem.

Norman

you may have an air lock
run the tap to purge the system
the water from the heater is pumped through pipes to taps by putting cold water in to the boiler pushing the heated water to the taps
any heat loss should only be short time as the colder water in the pipe pushes through the heat should be the same in all taps/shower once its run long enough to purge the pipes of this cooler water

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
you may have an air lock
run the tap to purge the system
the water from the heater is pumped through pipes to taps by putting cold water in to the boiler pushing the heated water to the taps
any heat loss should only be short time as the colder water in the pipe pushes through the heat should be the same in all taps/shower once its run long enough to purge the pipes of this cooler water

Would 5 minutes be lon enough to purge the system?

If so have done this and no change.

Thanks Norman

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Frozen during the winter

Yes Mike it is

I wondered whether they got frozen up during the winter and the internal of the tap got damaged some how?

There is a plastic cartridge in the tap and may have been affected. They are not usually expensive - around £10

I hope this helps

Mike:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I wondered whether they got frozen up during the winter and the internal of the tap got damaged some how?

There is a plastic cartridge in the tap and may have been affected. They are not usually expensive - around £10

I hope this helps

Mike:thumb::thumb:
Can't quite understand this Mike as the taps work fine with cold water and in the off position.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Can't quite understand this Mike as the taps work fine with cold water and in the off position.

Norman

Brian has a point. There are two feeds to the tap the hot one may be damaged or maybe cold is feeding across to the hot and either slowing or stopping the flow.

I am no expert but I can't think of another reason why something that worked ok last year, now does not.

Hope this all helps and not confuses

MikeD:thumb::thumb:

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi,if you still have no joy,try giving dave newell a call,he is the fountain of all knowledge and may well have the answer. his number you will find at the top of the page. good luck:Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
sounds like a air block but the cartridge for hot and cold and different just cause the cold works dont mean the hot will the hot cartridge could be jammed in the closed position turn on your hot tap unscrew the head of your shower so you just have the hose try to block the hose then turn the cold fully on see if this clears the blockage try 1st with the tap open then closed

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
could be a non return valve stuck closed,

a couple of years back my shower would not work,

it would work "on hot water position open only " if the water heater was not on IE the hot water was cold,

it turned out it was the cold feed non return valve stuck, not letting cold water mix in with the hot, because it was a thermostatic valve the the hot water was too hot (when it was hot not cold) so therefor shut down the valve.

I hope Ive explained this correctly.

jennyp19

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Sunny Scunny
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
about 10 yrs
Probably not the same, but we had same problem a couple of months ago, didn't realise that there was a switch in the garage that had turned pump? off (we were still getting cold water but at a slower rate). OH must have knocked it when he was putting stuff in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back