Lindisfarne, time and tide wait for no man (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Been parking during day on the fore shore at Chaire End on Holy Island (Lindisfarne) this week, but the tides are getting higher, today we had to beat a retreat and use the council car park on the island before we became a news item:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• tide01.jpg
    tide01.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 158
  • tide02.jpg
    tide02.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 148
  • tide03.jpg
    tide03.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 152
  • tide04.jpg
    tide04.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 158
M

Madwife

Deleted User
The tide comes in at a very fast rate over the causeway as I witnessed one day a few weeks ago. It's a fab part of the world and I feel privileged to pass the Holy Island almost every day on my to and from work.

Will look out for your MH and give you a wave!

Kath

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Great spot........:thumb:

and with Scooby Doo looking after you checking the tide tables.............:winky:

Some of us are just jealous, gotta rejoin the ship this week, .........:cry:

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Been parking during day on the fore shore at Chaire End on Holy Island (Lindisfarne) this week, but the tides are getting higher, today we had to beat a retreat and use the council car park on the island before we became a news item:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You obviously like living dangerously - I remember how quick the tide comes in, as was once trapped for several hours as we had to retreat before the rising water! I wouldn't take my van that close to an incoming tide!!!

Catherine

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
You obviously like living dangerously - I remember how quick the tide comes in, as was once trapped for several hours as we had to retreat before the rising water! I wouldn't take my van that close to an incoming tide!!!

Catherine

It was a mile or more away when we parked up 6 hours previously at Chairs End on the foreshore good firm hard standing but only a very short distance to the safety of the island :winky: So not as alarming as it looks, back there again today and now off for a walk and do some birding. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Looked at the pictures and the first one of the interior of the MH has a strange looking device over the gear lever.
Is this some new fangled security device, I thought.

Then I realised it was the strap on your binoculars. :Doh: :Blush:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Since its almost a full moon (howwwwwllllll) chances are that the tides are Springs as opposed to Neaps so would therefore be higher - hence the rapid rising of water :thumb:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...

So, Engineer or Decky? As an Engineer you might be excused being caught out with the tides...:ROFLMAO:
Hey, enjoy your retirement, I'm still at it.:Smile:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
So, Engineer or Decky? As an Engineer you might be excused being caught out with the tides...:ROFLMAO:
Hey, enjoy your retirement, I'm still at it.:Smile:

Hi Desres Engineer what about yourself?

Just sitting here parked up on the foreshore watching folk chancing the causeway despite being well past recommended safe crossing time. Its another big tide today higher than yesterday so we'll be off to the car park soon. :thumb:

Brightening up nicely its going to be another warm sunny afternoon. :Cool::Cool::Cool:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Chief engineer with Maersk Tankers, on leave till mid June now.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
high tides

We`re heading up that way in June, looks fantastic so thanks for the photos.

As sea going gents know high tides always follow the moon phase so 3 or 4 days later will be the highest tides, that and a little air pressure can make all the difference between remaining on terra firma and floating...:Doh:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
Looked at the pictures and the first one of the interior of the MH has a strange looking device over the gear lever.
Is this some new fangled security device, I thought.

Then I realised it was the strap on your binoculars. :Doh: :Blush:
Yep, me too!!::bigsmile:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Keeping an eye out for you on my commute to and from work and am sure that confuse other motor homers with waving from a car! :ROFLMAO:

Kath

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Keeping an eye out for you on my commute to and from work and am sure that confuse other motor homers with waving from a car! :ROFLMAO:

Kath

Hi Kath

We are staying at Haggerston (brilliat deal with mega discount for the week and its nice and quiet) Home tomorrow worse luck then off Southwards next weekend.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
I will try and be quiet when I drive past in the morning!:ROFLMAO:

We are off to Stranraer next weekend for our first trip out this year.

Kath

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back