habitation check, underfloor inspection, yes or no? (1 Viewer)

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
Having looked underneath the floors of the Mh,s of two of my pals, I have had to tell them that parts of there floor is rotting, these are vans 6 and 7 years old, with one having regular damp checks, my question is, does the check include inspecting under the floor ? if not, why not ? as in my case the under side of a wooden floored van is the most vunerable part for water ingress, is the importance of this truely given by the manufacturers and dealers ?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi yokeljohn

It all depends on the dealer / technician, ALL motorhomes which are serviced here at jx are damp checked under the floor as this a crucial part of the structure.
We have seen motorhomes (3-4 years of age) with floors so damp that the side walls have fallen and this makes a "unroad worthy" vehicle.

Regards

Johns cross workshops

www.johnscross.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
If that is the case John I have to ask why ALL dealers do not check when doing the habitation / damp check.
full marks to JX I would say

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Hi yokeljohn

It all depends on the dealer / technician, ALL motorhomes which are serviced here at jx are damp checked under the floor as this a crucial part of the structure.
We have seen motorhomes (3-4 years of age) with floors so damp that the side walls have fallen and this makes a "unroad worthy" vehicle.

Regards

Johns cross workshops

www.johnscross.co.uk

Get a PVC MH :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If the workshop of your choice is a member of the "AWS" Approved Workshop Scheme then they also would be checking the floor area, as this is part of the service / damp schedule.

You should receive not only the invoice but a complete schedule including the damp report with a detailed diagram of the results in %.

johnscross Workshops

www.johnscross.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Get a PVC MH :thumb:

The motorhome we have is the 1st we saw and liked, and the one we bought.
When we near retirement ( by choice not age) we are going to get a PVC.:thumb:
Though Ralph is going to do convert a LWB thats a year old . That way we get the Insulation , layout and build quality that we want. We know we will get more mpg , be able to park and go wherever off the beaten track , and not have to worry about damp :thumb:
It will be our last motorhome , so made to last.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back