maacracing

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hello Guys, Just bought a 2012 van Rapido 691FF at the Peterborough show.
Looking to fit air suspension nyone got any advice or suggestions or preferences.

Mike

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Totally agree

AS Air suspension did ours he did a first class job and great people and I would recommend him:thumb:

http://www.as-airsuspension.co.uk/

I second billy's recommendation ..... AS A ir Suspension will provide you with a great product and service.

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have air ride on ours only had the van a couple of months so trying different settings to see what's best so far I think having it just under 3 bar is best. With ours you just attach a bike pump or a wee 12v pump to it and inflate one side at a time. When on a site with a slope a couple of weeks ago I put the front on ramps then let the air out the back to get it level and it worked :ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Plenty of threads on this and AS come out ahead of the field on most occasions assuming you don't want to fit them yourself.
Broken Link Removed

Bought some more of Jim's tyre thingy's as they look quite impressive on the van and I'm sure they make it go faster. Passed Cath and Phil on the AS stand and advised a would-be customer not to go anywhere near them as the product is crap, I think he was pleased for the info and I'm sure Phil was too as he was waving furiously at me as we disappeared into the crowd. I think he wanted to give us another freebie. :ROFLMAO:

Poked our noses in a few vans and was quite impressed with the array of food and other goodies stored in various lockers, we helped ourselves to one or two bits and pieces but felt a bit silly later when one guy told us they sleep in the show vans overnight and keep their stores in them. :roflmto:

Oh well another good day out, can you let us know the wristband colour for tomorrow and we'll sneak in again? Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :thumb:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Looking to fit air suspension nyone got any advice or suggestions or preferences.

Mike

As I said on another post, just fitted Dunlop Air Assistors to rear of my BOLERO.... not an easy job laying on your back! no leaks got mine from:
Marcle leisure

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
AS very good? Recommended by many Funsters?

Phew! I spoke to Catherine on the AS stand at Peterborough and was impressed by her enthusiasm for their product and the knowledge she had. A stark contrast to the representative on the other stand offering air suspension who didn't seem bothered. Needless to say, I'm booked in to attend at AS on 9th May and am looking forward to the van being transformed!

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Hi Mike

It's dead easy to fit if you wanted to do it yourself. I fitted the Dunlop kit from Link Removed.
the instructions were very good, and there's also a photo guide on here somewhere that Techno put up.

Transformed the handling of our MH whose leaf springs were a bit tired.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Mike

It's dead easy to fit if you wanted to do it yourself. I fitted the Dunlop kit from Link Removed.
the instructions were very good, and there's also a photo guide on here somewhere that Techno put up.

Transformed the handling of our MH whose leaf springs were a bit tired.

This link will show you the photos mentioned above if you want to fit it yourself.

Fitting Air Suspension

Terry Gill

Free Member
Jun 13, 2012
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009

Terry
Hi - Not sure why you think you need air suspension but if it's because of a hard ride then most of the air kits will only be good for a saggy back end.

If you want to be able to do such as level the van - front to back and also on site, whilst at the same time improve ride you have no choice but to go to VB Air Suspension (Circ 6k)

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Fitted dunlop kit from Marcle, easy DIY fit & it helps level the van too.
See my before & after album.

OP
OP
maacracing

maacracing

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Many Many Thanks for all help and advice.
We finally made up mind and ordered Air Ride system.
All very easy fit took about 40 minutes all in.

Thanks again

Mike

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had the Air ride on our first van, very good product. We would consider it on our new van if the suspension softens too much over the years.

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Great looking motorhome ,been looking at them myself ,but out of my price range at the moment ,will have to leave it until they drop in price a bit.
I like the idea of a fixed bed and a pull down over the cab .enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back