Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Can someone tell me what this is. I am guessing it's a plate for a vehicle that will be exported within 12 months and not attracting VAT.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Can someone tell me what this is. I am guessing it's a plate for a vehicle that will be exported within 12 months and not attracting VAT.

any chance you could put it as a registration plate

as there has been a few styles used in the past
ie a few examples
A1
aa 1234
a123 abc
abc 123 a
ab62abc
currently
ab 13 abc
and q plates for unknown aged vehicles

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
X CODES : EU EXPORT SERIES
X codes are not "area" codes - but codes which show that a vehicle has been purchased tax free for export to the EU. There are two
types of X code - those issued for vehicles whose date of first registration is before 1 September 2001 (the old system) and those
issued for new vehicles and vehicles whose date of registration is on or after 1 September 2001.
The code 'XP' is used in the place of the area identifier to denote a vehicle for EU export under the old system. The vehicle then
carries the appropriate year letter for date of first registration and three serial letters. The second letter is not, as normal, a serial letter
but a letter between A (January) and M (December, I is not used) to show the month of purchase. So X123AXP would show a Sep
2000 - Feb 2001 vehicle, purchased in January, for export to the EU. This system was first introduced in 1993.
The new system, for vehicles first registered on or after 1 September 2001, uses the codes XA to XF, with the second letter
representing the month of purchase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Plate

My export plate was XC12 BAZ. It has now been changed to a non export plate as I am staying longer than the 12 months allowed for export.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Is my memory playing tricks (as usual) or did the old export plates back in the sixties have a red border round them denoting that they had to be out of the country within 12 months?

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Is my memory playing tricks (as usual) or did the old export plates back in the sixties have a red border round them denoting that they had to be out of the country within 12 months?

Yes they did.

Mathilde

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Australia
Funster No
MH
Peugeot auto sleeper
Exp
since 2010
Aussie looking for Inusrance

My export plate was XC12 BAZ. It has now been changed to a non export plate as I am staying longer than the 12 months allowed for export.

I have a motorhome which I store in the UK and use approx 3 months per year. Only insurer I had found to insure an aussie owner is Downunder Insurance....Over 1000 pounds per year. Just wondering who you insure with or any ideas?? Many thanks Mathilde from Perth

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Leaving for France this morning

We are getting ready to travel to Rosslare Ferry 6.00 pm then to France and Italy.Nothing unusual about that,we have been doing it for years but there is this time.About five weeks ago four week before our six week break we were to go last Sunday.I went to local A and E with chest pains I had a stent put in last year got the all clear heart ok.Next day they rang chest x ray had shown some thing on my lung could be sinister they said then followed the worst days of my life being a smoker (stopped 15 years ago)I was convinced I had lung cancer cancelled our ferry family gathered round to wait on the results of the cat scan.Eventualy my GP rang you have a (lesion )on your lung of no importance and go and enjoy your trip.Feeling so relieved ad Realy appreciate what I have.(although my three grown up daughters are making me feel guilty for taking their Mum away when she will have her seventieth birthday :cry:see if I care thanks for listening to me.This forum was very helpful when we were going through the trauma.Presto

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back