Can I make a phone call through my computer? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, the wifi on Bonterra Park is excellent - with a wifi booster! My question is, is there any way of attaching my Samsung Galaxy II to my computer and make calls through it via Viber???

The wifi is just not strong enough without the booster and I cant attach the booster to the phone,

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ginny

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You can load on the Skype app for your phone. So that will give you free calls to other computers when in a WiFi area. You can also load on some cash credit to call landlines and mobiles.. So anywhere abroad, ie McDonalds you can call cheap.

On your laptop you can get free wifi sharing programs like connictify, there are others and i am sure other funsters will let you know what they are.. You can then connect with our laptop to the wifi signal and then share it with other devices like your phone..

mhotspot, is one i have used in the past..
Link Removed

SIMPLEs.. :thumb:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
VoIP cheap is another one, works well in Portugal don't know where you are

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
You can load on the Skype app for your phone. So that will give you free calls to other computers when in a WiFi area. You can also load on some cash credit to call landlines and mobiles.. So anywhere abroad, ie McDonalds you can call cheap.

On your laptop you can get free wifi sharing programs like connictify, there are others and i am sure other funsters will let you know what they are.. You can then connect with our laptop to the wifi signal and then share it with other devices like your phone..

Link Removed

I'm confused now, surely a Sam' galaxy phone can create its own wifi hot spot and act as a host to other devices, I use Vodafone Traveller when I'm aboard and I can turn my Galaxy note into a wifi host..sorry, but maybe I don,t understand the question:Doh:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

Link Removed

Hiya, I have downloaded the program, started the hotspot and tried to call with Viber, but I am getting a 'not available' message. Is there another program I can put on my phone instead of Viber and does the person I am calling have to have the same program in order to connect. Last time I checked Skype was not available for Android, have they sorted out the problems? Thanks for your help
Ginny

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I'm confused now, surely a Sam' galaxy phone can create its own wifi hot spot and act as a host to other devices, I use Vodafone Traveller when I'm aboard and I can turn my Galaxy note into a wifi host..sorry, but maybe I don,t understand the question:Doh:

I am not sure that what I want to do is possible. I want to link my phone to my laptop because I have a wifi booster on my laptop, without the booster reception is not good. I also want to talk to my family rather than just using Ftalk. I can link to free wifi in town, but just wanted to make it easier by going through my computer. If that makes any sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Hi, the wifi on Bonterra Park is excellent - with a wifi booster! My question is, is there any way of attaching my Samsung Galaxy II to my computer and make calls through it via Viber???

The wifi is just not strong enough without the booster and I cant attach the booster to the phone,

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ginny

Its about understanding what you mean by "phone call".....and the tech you have.

As you say you cant connect the booster to the phone (is it usb booster?), so simply use your lappie to make the calls via skype? (assumes you know what skype is?)

Motorhomewifi have some kit that gets good reviews here, but i havent used it personally...the iboost allows you to create a private "hidden" network, whilst having a booster aerial connected to it to pick up the site wifi

its here http://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/iboost-d8-directional-system/

The other options are to daisy chain two routers together, one giving you "van wifi" and the other connected to the site wifi via a booster aerial. I can tell you how to do this, but its techy....

Once you have your "van wifi" you can connect the phone and use skype from your phone....simplez :)

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun