Hi everyone! (1 Viewer)

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
We bought our 2001 Hymer 524 in August 2012 and it's our very first, toes-in-the-water attempt at motorhoming.

We started with a trial run of one night in Dan-yr-Ogof which is "just up the road" from where we live and although the weather was unkind, it was a successful first night.

We followed that by diving in at the deep end and went to France, down to the Lot and Dordogne for 10 days last September, which was hugely successful!

Since then we have been to Newport in West Wales and over the winter we have used the Hymer as a day van for days out to the coast and countryside, (I always think it's a good thing to actually use vehicles rather than let them stand for any length of time).

Last weekend we went to the site at Sofia Gardens in Cardiff and this was perfect for a city break type of getaway.

Our plans for this year include Denmark in June for the summer solstice and France in July/August for some sun, sand and sea with some cycling thrown in.

We still class ourselves as newbies and would love to hear of any hints and tips you have to share.

One quick questio is I have an unlocked Huwaei mi-fi, so far it is unused, and I would like to use it in Denmark and France as well as this country, does anyone have any recomendations for the best SIM/DATA card to use in these countries?

Looking forward to enjoying your company at a campsite somewhere in the future!

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2::welcome::party2:

There's a rally at the Carmarthen show in May you may like. See left hand side of main page for details.:thumb:

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Longdog, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
:welcomefunster:Hello and welcome jovialsam to the site, look forward to your posts and enjoy being a member, also join up for £10 and become a fully subscribed member and it will be the best £10 you will ever spend, as there is a wealth of information on here probably the best in the UK, look forward to your future plans in a blog on here as we all like to see how others get on especially with distant destinations like Denmark and your jaunt to France:france: and above all have FUN
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
One quick questio is I have an unlocked Huwaei mi-fi, so far it is unused, and I would like to use it in Denmark and France as well as this country, does anyone have any recomendations for the best SIM/DATA card to use in these countries?

Welcome.

Try this site for info on data/phone usage and specifically travelling within Europe

http://www.europebycamper.com/p/import-guide_04.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
:welcome:

Welcome to and enjoy fun

Mel & Lieve

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Welcome to the world of Motorhomemadness, no no thats MotorhomeFun:winky:::bigsmile:

Safe Motorhoming:thumb:
:party2::flyingwelcome::party2:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
hi and welcome to the funsters .from another south walien.{swansea}

Passing Places

Free Member
Apr 19, 2013
Stirling
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
One year
We bought our 2001 Hymer 524 in August 2012 and it's our very first, toes-in-the-water attempt at motorhoming.

We started with a trial run of one night in Dan-yr-Ogof which is "just up the road" from where we live and although the weather was unkind, it was a successful first night.

We followed that by diving in at the deep end and went to France, down to the Lot and Dordogne for 10 days last September, which was hugely successful!

Since then we have been to Newport in West Wales and over the winter we have used the Hymer as a day van for days out to the coast and countryside, (I always think it's a good thing to actually use vehicles rather than let them stand for any length of time).

Last weekend we went to the site at Sofia Gardens in Cardiff and this was perfect for a city break type of getaway.

Our plans for this year include Denmark in June for the summer solstice and France in July/August for some sun, sand and sea with some cycling thrown in.

We still class ourselves as newbies and would love to hear of any hints and tips you have to share.

Hi I'll be in France probably mid July to mid August. Be good to compare notes. Glad your enjoying the Hymer so much.

Kevin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back