Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Help ! I am giving the usual multiple choice questions for booking ... but what do we classify as - mortorhome isn't one of them. Just campervan ... is that correct ? I put campervan ? They don't seem to want the length or anything !

So - is that what I do ?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I think that having entered campervan another menu opens for height and maybe length. I can't remember any more after all it was 12 months ago I last went, a whole lifetime ago.:ROFLMAO:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Don't worry length not an issue, only need to know whether you have a trailer
remember to turn your gas off at the bottle before you go through passport check, have a good holiday enjoy ! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
That is it, they only ask if you are over a certain height. i think it states somewhere that you must be under 3500kgs, but i have only ever had the gas bottles checked, never the weight.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
That is it, they only ask if you are over a certain height. i think it states somewhere that you must be under 3500kgs, but i have only ever had the gas bottles checked, never the weight.

I believe that the system assumes a Campervan is a high vehicle, length is not an issue, the under 3500kg limit on the passenger service is only for vans not motorhomes or campervans. Vans over 3500kg have to travel on the freight service.

Vehicles using LPG for propulsion even as a secondary fuel are not permitted to travel.

If in doubt, give them a call, I have always found their customer service centre very helpful.

Have a good trip.

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
I've just been asking for a quote for the tunnel and I called myself a campervan. Later on I had to give name and model, length and height etc. But it seemed vey straightforward and £80 one way was about average. (Don't know about return as I didn't want one.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SueandDave

Free Member
Apr 21, 2013
Barnard Castle
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Eurotunnel don't seem to mind about length as they will probably load you last and put you in a separate closed off compartment anyway, as we "dangerously" carry LPG. That means there is room for very long vehicles like coaches etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back