Whoopee we are here (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We caught the 4.15 Dover Calais ferry on Thursday and at warp speed we arrived 50 mins later.

The Aire at Calais is only 2/3 useable with the other bit resembling a worksite.
We travelled 20 miles south to this site which is just 13 Euros a night plus electric:
camping pas de calais location nord pas de calais manche france caravaning Chateau du Gandspette eperlecques 3 etoiles tunnel foret parc naturel regional des marais cote d'opale location mobilhome mobile home mobil-home hebergement emplacement tente

yesterday morning we arrived at Berny-Riviere and it is the largest site
I have ever seen. It is also the quietest and has superb facilities.
If you dont pay by camping cheues, then it is 24 Euros a night for a super pitch with electric for 2 adults.

Camping La Croix du Vieux Pont - Camping 4 étoiles - Berny Riviere, Aisne proche PARIS

Last edited by a moderator:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Gandspette is fantastic (did you buy bread and cakes from the daily van?)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have a great time, I look forward to seeing all the photos:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Didnt see the bread van at Gandspette but made up for it when we shopped in Carrefour and purchased bread and 20 croissants:ROFLMAO:

Havent taken any pics yet, but I guess we should.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Looks great Sharon, have a great time.

Olley

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Have a great holiday Sharon and Keith - look forward to the pics and the blogs.....may Woody behave impeccably from henceforth!!!!

:winky:

Laurie

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hi Sharon & Keith,

Site looks great, Hope you have a great time :thumb:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Thanks - weather so far has been superb.

We are staying here tonight and hopefully catching up with HughJardon (Chris and Debs and family) later today.

Tomorrow we are off to Walt Disney Studios - about an hour south from here, and will stay a couple of nights on site there.:Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
How's Woody?

How are you tinterneting?

Glad your having good time and great to hear about it:cry::cry:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
How's Woody?

How are you tinterneting?

Glad your having good time and great to hear about it:cry::cry:

Woody is racing up hills!!!!!!!::bigsmile:

Using pub pc 5 Euros an hour - not free anymore. Card about to run out though:Blush:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi All

Just spent two nights in Disneyland Paris' carpark. 13 Euros a night and functional. Travelator from the car park takes you to the entrance where you then decide if you want the studios or Disneyland itself. A bit noisy, no apparent water available, but it served the purpose.

We have just travelled just 20 km to this site:

Le Parc de la Colline

And the sun is radiant today:Smile:::bigsmile:
Not a great site, but ok for tonight. I purchased a 24 hour wifi card for 16 Euros - couldnt find McDonalds:ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
And it's Wednesday already:cry:hope your having a good time, tried any of them French Kebabs yet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
PS while you were away I had a recall letter for the Explorer, so probably affects yours as well, don't forget to ask me about it

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Well we are on the ferry tomorrow afternoon, but wanted to show you the link of where we are at the nmoment. This site is very nice, 23 Euros with 10amp hookup for two people.
I'm off for a sauna and a hammam later::bigsmile:

HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
today is much cooler - about 12 degrees. We have had shorts and t shirt weather though, so can't complain:winky:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
You are lucky you aren't in Spain - torrential rain and spectacular thunderstorms - on and off all day! We spent a hairy 10 minutes chasing the wind break and getting wet through!!

Doesn't spoil the fun though! I think we are getting the swing of this motorhome game!

:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

Ginny and Michael

Steptoe

Free Member
Jan 6, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
B class
Exp
Hi All

Just spent two nights in Disneyland Paris' carpark. 13 Euros a night and functional. Travelator from the car park takes you to the entrance where you then decide if you want the studios or Disneyland itself. A bit noisy, no apparent water available, but it served the purpose.

Just nip into the coaches bit and fill up at the standpipes along the dividing fence/hedge (or reach across with the hose from the car park if there is a coach at every point) You can also use their drive-over dump facilities.

Sorry the advice is a bit late for you, if it's any consolation the first time I went I spent literally one hour filling up from the outside sink at the toilet block:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back