parking in random places - how big a motorhome can you get away with? (1 Viewer)

N

nofaff

Deleted User
Hello, I'm thinking of buying a motorhome here, and would love to get some opinions on this first.

I strongly intend to park where I can for the night - laybys, pub car parks, etc, obviously so long as I'm not blocking anything or inconveniencing anyone. Basically not in campsites.

I'm guessing a smaller (narrower, shorter) motorhome is the easiest thing to do this with, as there will be more places you can fit it and also it's more discreet. Does anyone have experience with this? what size vehicle do you reckon is best for getting away with it? I hear the UK isn't the best place for this due to the widespread fear of travellers so any other advice on this topic would be much appreciated!

many thanks in advance :)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
First of all Welcome to Motorhome Fun.
Hello, I'm thinking of buying a motorhome here, and would love to get some opinions on this first.

I strongly intend to park where I can for the night - laybys, pub car parks, etc, obviously so long as I'm not blocking anything or inconveniencing anyone. Basically not in campsites.I guess that is down to the discretion of the pub Landlord or the "Boys in blue":RollEyes: There are plenty of "out of the way" lay-bys that I'm sure would be ok.

I'm guessing a smaller (narrower, shorter) motorhome is the easiest thing to do this with, as there will be more places you can fit it and also it's more discreet. Does anyone have experience with this? what size vehicle do you reckon is best for getting away with it? I hear the UK isn't the best place for this due to the widespread fear of travellers so any other advice on this topic would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, how many people in the motorhome? If its just one or two then a panel van conversion maybe your best bet. There are hundreds to choose from at every price range from £5k to £50k+ Think of what your absolute must haves are, ie Shower, decent size fridge etc and then go from there.

As for parking overnight, you can, if you have a smallish motorhome and plenty of common sense, wildcamp safely all over the UK. Best of Luck:thumb:

Oh and welcome to the fun::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

nofaff

Deleted User
Hi, how many people in the motorhome?

2-4, not decided yet, but also space for a table at which to do some work (i'll be bringing it with me on occasion). For that reason I'd want a large rear window as well as working in a dark van isn't nice, not sure if that rules out panel conversions :Confused:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We had a nice smaller motorhome with a "U Shaped Lounge" configuration and large rear and side windows.

Had a nice feeling about it. Very light and usable.

Wasn't expensive as picked it up at a very low price.

I guess the first thing to consider is which arrangement works for you.

This was a 5 berth coachbuilt.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back