Forum big brother (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Has anyone noticed that if you view a old thread within a muinute or so there are (guests) there as well viewing :whatthe:
I can pick some obscure thread about something i want to look up ,look down the bottom of the page , guests appear .
Are we being watched :Eeek:

I`m not paranoid:cry:

Or, is MHF the most MH viewed site on the net:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Has anyone noticed that if you view a old thread within a muinute or so there are (guests) there as well viewing :whatthe:
I can pick some obscure thread about something i want to look up ,look down the bottom of the page , guests appear .
Are we being watched :Eeek:

[HI][HI]I`m not paranoid:cry:[/HI][/HI]

Or, is MHF the most MH viewed site on the net:thumb:

It's all the others !!!:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The guests are probably search engine spiders, they are continuously crawling every thread, so are not following you particularly :Smile: Fun is heavily indexed by the search engines, Google alone indexes as of right now 1,042,178 separate Fun urls. Then there is every other search engine. MSN, Yahoo, Bing et al. Those robots can consume massive bandwidth and even crash servers. Smaller forums have to ban them as they can slow a site right down, but without their indexing you stay small. Most anything that is posted on the forum is collated, cached and stored forever in just a few seconds :Eeek: So you are right. Big Bruv is out there and his memory appears to be infinite.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
The guests are probably search engine spiders, they are continuously crawling every thread, so are not following you particularly :Smile: Fun is heavily indexed by the search engines, Google alone indexes as of right now 1,042,178 separate Fun urls. Then there is every other search engine. MSN, Yahoo, Bing et al. Those robots can consume massive bandwidth and even crash servers. Smaller forums have to ban them as they can slow a site right down, but without their indexing you stay small. Most anything that is posted on the forum is collated, cached and stored forever in just a few seconds :Eeek: So you are right. Big Bruv is out there and his memory appears to be infinite.

Phew! I thought they were after me :winky:
I better be careful what i type on this pc ,it may come back to bite me in years to come.
Makes you wonder where it will all end up with trillions of words being typed over the years from all over the world :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back